CREW RC Crew (cars, planes, drones, boats)

TS
TS
psyphre

psyphre

User #58, OG ftw. XBL - davzilla77
Mar 14, 2000
Milton, ON, CANADA
Thanks for the link! I guess around $100 is going rate for just the body... Seems kinda high? Gotta pay to play if I want a specific out of production body.

The ABC stuff is higher priced all around, don't have one myself, but paid about $100 for a 1/10 delta plastik body. It was 20 euros and 40 euros for shipping :eek3:

But yeah, some of those can get pricey for older stuff.

Reactions: ObeyTheNoodle

Mega-JC: Da Return

Special, 2 plums 4 1
Sep 7, 2001
Tacoma, Wa
Picked up a Killerbody R34 to run on the 4tec, got leds all wired up today... Then immediately hit a curb 😭

Attachments

• 20210711_211853.jpg
    20210711_211853.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210713_180822.jpg
    20210713_180822.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210713_190224.jpg
    20210713_190224.jpg
    800.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: psyphre

vikingen

Redders. The Grey Wiggle. #Qatar2022
OT Supporter
covid lockdown.. a 1/12th wasn't the best for killing time, but a gorgeous kit regardless

6zXI2Kc.jpg

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
1/12th hasn't developed all that much, but the Schumacher is about as different as you can get from the rest of whats currently out there.

this is a friend's 2019 Xray x12, compared to my Kyosho Plazma RA from around 2010

mNdbamf.jpg

u11rLsc.jpg

all looks same
My favorite and least useful RC builds were always my AWD drift cars. Relatively complex to keep me busy and a bunch of anodized pretty crap. One complete they just sit on a shelf.

vikingen

OT Supporter
My favorite and least useful RC builds were always my AWD drift cars. Relatively complex to keep me busy and a bunch of anodized pretty crap. One complete they just sit on a shelf.
oh wow you never run them ??

ive got stuff that sits on the shelf but it all gets run at least a couple times. all the re re vintage offroad stuff.

not sure what else I could buy to build to entertain myself. ive got too much shit as it is.

ideally don't want to venture into 1/8th scale again and don't want any more onroad stuff

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
oh wow you never run them ??

ive got stuff that sits on the shelf but it all gets run at least a couple times. all the re re vintage offroad stuff.

not sure what else I could buy to build to entertain myself. ive got too much shit as it is.

ideally don't want to venture into 1/8th scale again and don't want any more onroad stuff
Not in any real sense. I mean I've dodged cones in a private parking lot but that's about it. It's fun but gets boring quick. I actually haven't driven RC surface on a track since our track closed in Jan 2019. Still enjoy building all kinds of shit but drones are the only RC I do anymore.

My latest project doesn't count as RC but you might get a kick out of it. When I was little one of my prized possessions was a model by Monogram called a Flap Jack. Total piece of shit but the memory and fondness stuck with me. Nowadays they go for $200 for a sealed kit but I'm not collecting so no friggin way. I wanna assemble and fuck with it which will ruin the "value". Found an un-assembled kit in a bag with missing gears for relatively cheap. Reverse engineered the gears (pain in the ass actually) and then 3D printed the parts and boom.

Makes me chuckle. :big grin:

vikingen

OT Supporter
Not in any real sense. I mean I've dodged cones in a private parking lot but that's about it. It's fun but gets boring quick. I actually haven't driven RC surface on a track since our track closed in Jan 2019. Still enjoy building all kinds of shit but drones are the only RC I do anymore.

My latest project doesn't count as RC but you might get a kick out of it. When I was little one of my prized possessions was a model by Monogram called a Flap Jack. Total piece of shit but the memory and fondness stuck with me. Nowadays they go for $200 for a sealed kit but I'm not collecting so no friggin way. I wanna assemble and fuck with it which will ruin the "value". Found an un-assembled kit in a bag with missing gears for relatively cheap. Reverse engineered the gears (pain in the ass actually) and then 3D printed the parts and boom.

Makes me chuckle. :big grin:

lol thats freakin awesome dude :cool:

Reactions: FritoBandito

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
a friend just hit me up about getting 1/8 e buggies. a few tracks around but all are outside of Sydney.. 1.5 to 4 hours drive to get to any

priced up getting something. looking at 2k easy to get going.

im like nah im out
I have an old AE SC8e set up with a ridiculous Mamba Monster that I've run around my neighborhood. Thing is stupid fast. Makes great tire screeching noises while I bomb around. Scared I'm gonna kill a pedestrian with it tho. Thing is a brick.

• Haha
Reactions: vikingen

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
a friend just hit me up about getting 1/8 e buggies. a few tracks around but all are outside of Sydney.. 1.5 to 4 hours drive to get to any

priced up getting something. looking at 2k easy to get going.

im like nah im out
ebug is where it's at around here. fun AF

i got into etruggy but it was a bit much

• Dislike
Reactions: vikingen

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnaaMariaa