ART re-organizing LR

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
ok... so I recently moved everything off of a dying external drive onto a new internal drive. I want to re-organize everything so it's in a little more manageable state. If I remove them all from my library, then re-import them... will I loose all of my edits? or are the edits stored in the catalog file?

djlogik

Apr 22, 2004
Tinley Park, IL
Do a backup in lightroom first to be safe. Move photos to a new location. When you go to that collection in lightroom, lightroom will tell you that the files are missing and ask you to point to new location. I had to do this after I replaced my "pictures" hard drive with a new one and did some changes in folder structure.

AbortionSurvivor

Jun 5, 2002
Nor. Cal
another way to do it is the create a new "master" catalog on your new internal drive. Then do an "import catalog" option and import the catalogs on your external to your new internal master database. Your master will be a giant database of all your sub catalogs put together.

word of warning that this is a way to get all your catalogs together. Working with this big catalog would be painfully slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor