FIT Receding gums from dipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly Lip

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
I dipped for 3 years but quit recently because I realized how bad my gums have gotten. The gums on my front bottom teeth are the ones that are receded. They have receded pretty low, but I do not feel it at all and it does not cause any discomfort. I read online that it won't grow back. Do I have anything to worry about? I'm only 21 years old, I don't want my teeth falling out or anything.

Bodhi

My crotch is red .. my lambos blue .. and ill be g
Feb 14, 2008
well i definitely wouldn't see a dentist, they'd probably fuck it up. just google that shit

Mass

Jan 11, 2004
They are probably going to have to graft tissue from the roof of your mouth onto your gums that are receding.

Mass

Jan 11, 2004
when enough of your tooth is exposed that they start to worry about excessive bacteria getting to the roots, thus causing tooth loss/gingivitis

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
so basically

[y]tKx5uT8px8U[/y]

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
chewing and dipping = mouth issues

smoking = lung issues

not a news flash, if you're gums have rotted away you might be looking at some root canals and false teeth down the road

just like a smoker can pretty much count on lung cancer and shit

you can go to a different dentist every day but none of them will be able to make your gums grow back.

TS
TS
Grizzly Lip

Grizzly Lip

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
i dipped and smoked and drank etc when i was younger like almost everyone else.

just saying there isn't a magic pill to make your gums grow back lol

I know that. I quit and I don't think I have anything major, just my gum lines on my front bottom 4 teeth receded noticeably. I don't mind how it looks, as long as it doesn't cause any health problems. I'm going to see a dentist. Hopefully it isn't bad enough to need a graft. Now I'm taking the best care I can of my teeth with brushing, flossing and rinsing, so hopefully I'll be okay.

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
repercussions of dipping scare the shit out of me

hope your shit works out dude

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
the best thing to do obviously, is not to dip.

if you are going to dip like me and others on this board, there are certain things you can do to reduce the chances of getting cancer and fucking your mouth up, etc. some people will dip and/or use tobacco and not die of cancer. some people will never use tobacco and still develop lung cancer. random is random but using tobacco increases your chances of cancer and other problems.

step 1 - move it around alot. keeping it in the same spot day in and day out will grind down that spot faster.

step 2 - do not swallow the spit juices, ever. even using the 'spitless' snus, dont swallow that bs.

step 3 - tell your dentist you are doing it, get chewed out, suck it up, have them monitor your mouth.

step 4 - do not buy, use, or support american tobacco products, ever, under any circumstances. fuck american tobacco. FUCK AMERICAN TOBACCO. having said that, I highly recommend purchasing and supporting swedish snus products (produced 'SNOOSE'). I have made the switch within the past 8 weeks and have never been happier.

reasons I support swedish tobacco products over american (and i normally support pretty much american everything)

1. swedish products use salt, not sugar. american products use sugar. what are the ramifications of keeping sugar on your gums and teeths for 15 mins up to hours at a time? oh i dont know, what are the ramifications of sucking on sugar for hours at a time? increased cavities, tooth decay etc etc.

2. swedish products list all of their ingredients on the can. good luck finding a list of american ingredients :bowrofl: who the fuck knows what garbage is in american.....LIKE FIBER GLASS (thanks gt), they dont give a flying fuck about you, only your money.

3. swedish products use a curing process that removes a FUCKLOAD more of the carcinogens than american process. research also shows swedish have the lowest levels of cancer relative to population of tobacco users compared to the us and other countries iirc. that alone should tip you off to something.

4. swedish products taste better (my opinion) due to salt use and not sugar. they also have some citrus flavors mixed in that taste amazing.

5. swedish products have their ingredients listed and an extra storage area built into the can to store half used and old pouches. kinda cool, not really important at all.

my favorite brand is general snus and i purchase my shit from www.buysnus.com last night i used the discount code "reference" and got 10% off. no im not getting paid to push this (wish i was). i recommend the brand 'general snus' but there are others swedish brands out there also.

if you have any other questions or whatever, post em in here ill answer them as best as i can

- sitting at work right now dipping general dry mini mint portion. tastes like peppermint, its also amazing.

Last edited:

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
ROFL

Corvettes have fiberglass, maybe I'll stop driving them.

corvettes are made from T-Rex labias .. get your facts right

dude i used to dip occasionally during ball games and after a while it just felt like ass, girls were like Oh hi wait NO, and my dentist was like you're on the highway to gum failure cancersaurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan