Recommend me a mousetrap

JaimeZX

Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew
Nov 7, 2005
Back in VA
Got a mouse, apparently.

Is the old-school wooden Victor still as good as anything going, or is there some fancier one that's more effective?

:hsd:

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
RIP your time:

FDT

dynamic island
Jan 3, 2006
PNW
d-CON Reusable Ultra Set Covered Mouse Snap Trap, 2 Traps

these

my parents had a mouse infestation like 6-7 years ago when they were building out the neighborhood around their house and there was mad excavation going on. They tried the traditional traps and a bunch of humane ones, but the only ones that worked consistently were these.

From Thanksgiving that year up until Christmas they caught about 100 mice, just throw some peanut butter on that shit and they'll come thru and get killed.

I think the main difference that makes them more effective is that the mouse has to walk into it, and can't dip out to the sides when they sense they're about to get got :o other than that it's the same thing as a wooden trap but easier to set and washable if you need to use it again.

/thread

Reactions: Leonard Washington

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Got a mouse, apparently.

Is the old-school wooden Victor still as good as anything going, or is there some fancier one that's more effective?

:hsd:
Use glue traps inside with peanut butter/cheetos

Use black boxes with poison for outside along the edge of your house

Don't put poision on the inside of your house unless you want it to die in your attic/wall and you can't find it and smell up your whole house.

Reactions: JaimeZX

FDT

dynamic island
Jan 3, 2006
PNW
also spray the perimeter of your crib with Bifen-XTS every 6 months and you'll probably never see a mouse again

or spiders and other shit

Reactions: Muddy Waters

DizzyEdge

Vax me Trudaddy
OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Calgary, AB
i use the plastic ones bc they are easier to set

When I had a bit of an infestation I tried about 5 or 6 different traps and these worked the best. The bait is in a cup that is ringed by a pressure plate that is at a higher level and the traps are easy to pick up, open to allow the mouse to drop into the garbage, and then reset all without contaminating your fingers.

Reactions: FDT

DizzyEdge

Vax me Trudaddy
OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Calgary, AB
d-CON Reusable Ultra Set Covered Mouse Snap Trap, 2 Traps

these

my parents had a mouse infestation like 6-7 years ago when they were building out the neighborhood around their house and there was mad excavation going on. They tried the traditional traps and a bunch of humane ones, but the only ones that worked consistently were these.

From Thanksgiving that year up until Christmas they caught about 100 mice, just throw some peanut butter on that shit and they'll come thru and get killed.

I think the main difference that makes them more effective is that the mouse has to walk into it, and can't dip out to the sides when they sense they're about to get got :o other than that it's the same thing as a wooden trap but easier to set and washable if you need to use it again.

/thread

Yeah looks like these use the same mechanism as those 'authenzo' ones @Swiftie posted, just covered

Reactions: FDT

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
nothing more spooky than setting your fresh new wooden oldschool mouse trap as absolutely gentle as possible and then trying to set it on the floor and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease in back into the place you want it.......BANG!

mother fucker. :bowrofl:

you think you just got shot or something

• Haha
Reactions: JaimeZX

mylegacy412

OT Supporter
Jun 19, 2005
Bellevue
QPAZXu3.png

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
Use glue traps inside with peanut butter/cheetos

Use black boxes with poison for outside along the edge of your house

Don't put poision on the inside of your house unless you want it to die in your attic/wall and you can't find it and smell up your whole house.

no glue traps

the first time you find one still alive in a 100 degree shed with no fur left and blood all over it you wont want to use another

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
The old style wood ones with a little peanut butter on it works just fine.
Nope.

The old style wood ones with a little melted shredded cheese on it works just fine.

Take a torch or lighter and heat up the metal trigger. sprinkle some shredded cheese on there so that fucker has to gnaw it off.

You're welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman