FOOD Red plant season

morrowasted

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
Got some pomegranates for 67c a piece. This happens once a year for 2 or 3 weeks. I freeze the seeds in a gallon ziploc for smoothies. Theyre not good for eating after thaw but alright for smoothie. Rare to get both seed and red carb phytochemicals in one food

20201104-160819.jpg

TS
TS
morrowasted

morrowasted

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
Takes about 45mins to an hour to deseed that many pomegrantes and your fingers end up black as fuck

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
I have a few dozen pomegranate trees. This year didn’t get a chance to cover them with nets so squirrels managed to eat about 50% of them in last few weeks. Still managed to get about 50 or so.

I juice most of them, and give a bunch away.
7FBB4A23-8DA1-4CE3-9DF4-BAAF0FE19018.jpeg

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
I have a few dozen pomegranate trees. This year didn’t get a chance to cover them with nets so squirrels managed to eat about 50% of them in last few weeks. Still managed to get about 50 or so.

I juice most of them, and give a bunch away.
View attachment 77549

I've never seen a pomegranate tree. How easy are they to grow? Any major differences in size/quality between homegrown and what most of us get at stores?

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
I've never seen a pomegranate tree. How easy are they to grow? Any major differences in size/quality between homegrown and what most of us get at stores?

It’s more of a bush than a tree, but can be trained to grow like a tree. One of the rare trees that are deciduous, but extremely drought Tolerant as well and can handle some frost in winter. Size typically is related in how you prune the branches after harvest

Reactions: ObeyTheNoodle

Pijanica84

OT Supporter
Aug 24, 2003
Cleveland
You putting tomato and peppers in a smoothie? That shit is fucked up, you need to figure out a better way to get nutrients.

TS
TS
morrowasted

morrowasted

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
You putting tomato and peppers in a smoothie? That shit is fucked up, you need to figure out a better way to get nutrients.
not right now, thats just a photo of my red stuff

I do put tomato and bell peppers together in smoothies quite frequently though

i don't need a better way. this way is easy and it works. I've tried a lot of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan