GUN Reenlisted today v. USMC

nsxrebel

May 22, 2006
I reenlisted today in the Marine Corps. After leaving the Marine Corps in 04 after serving 5 years, I went to the Chair Guard, today I came back to my roots and reenlisted in the Corps. Unfortunately, I won't be going back to my old KC-130 unit in Miramar, CA.

My first choice MOS was KC-130 Loadmaster, second was KC-130 Crew Chief, third choice was MV-22 Crew Chief. Guess which one I got. I never thought I would get MV-22 Osprey as I was already a trained/qualified Loadmaster. I'm assuming with my previous experience, flight hours, and qualifications , the Corps thought they could best use me flying in the Osprey.

Anyways, it felt good coming back to teh suck. I love wearing the uniform. I'll be working for the recruiting command while I get orders for training.

Emanon

Sep 24, 2003
AZ
Congrats! Signed back up for the Army after being out for eight years. Getting my lazy ass back in shape has been fun.

TS
TS
nsxrebel

nsxrebel

May 22, 2006
Well I swore in Friday, and this morning I had to run a PFT already. The command was running it, and since I'm part of it now, lucky me had to run it as well.

Speaking of teh suck, I just got back from LA Marines/MEPS xmas party. I'm single, have no kids, so I always hated being around military families. I just showed up, ate, and left.

Julius

That's fucking high speed. Seriously, best of luck to you. I'd love to be air crew.

Jbeanz

May 14, 2007
Long Island
They gave you Osprey's because Herc loadmasters are stacked and right now the lat move bonus to ospreys is 80k. So that means there hurting for them, i doubt you got a bonus did you ?

TS
TS
nsxrebel

nsxrebel

May 22, 2006
They gave you Osprey's because Herc loadmasters are stacked and right now the lat move bonus to ospreys is 80k. So that means there hurting for them, i doubt you got a bonus did you ?

Negative ghostrider, no bonus. :( It would have been nice, but fuck it, I was just want to be back in the game. We'll see how it goes with the Osprey, if I don't like it, which I doubt, I'll do a lat move back to Hercs after my contract is over.

TS
TS
nsxrebel

nsxrebel

May 22, 2006
how old are you ? rank ? good job btw.

Oh, I'm 29, coming back in as a Corporal. That's what I left the Corps as. I'm sure I'll pick up quickly though.

The only thing I'm not too excited about is, I'll be stuck in the east coast. NC, what a shit hole.

Jbeanz

May 14, 2007
Long Island
Oh, I'm 29, coming back in as a Corporal. That's what I left the Corps as. I'm sure I'll pick up quickly though.

The only thing I'm not too excited about is, I'll be stuck in the east coast. NC, what a shit hole.

Well maybe not for long , by the time you get fully trained there will be west coat Osprey squadrons . HMM-161 is in Iraq right now and there transitiong upon return which is spring 09 and HMM-166 is transitioning next in line when they return in early 2010.

TS
TS
nsxrebel

nsxrebel

May 22, 2006
Well maybe not for long , by the time you get fully trained there will be west coat Osprey squadrons . HMM-161 is in Iraq right now and there transitiong upon return which is spring 09 and HMM-166 is transitioning next in line when they return in early 2010.

Yeah, that's what I was figuring. It'll be a year before I'm done with schools and fully qualified. HMM-161/166, are those at Miramar or Pendleton?

TS
TS
nsxrebel

nsxrebel

May 22, 2006
So I got my Web Orders this week. I have to be in New River NLT 03 March. I'll probably be there mid Feb. Any of you out in Jacksonville? I know the place is no LA/Hollywood, but there has to be something to do out there. It's bigger than Cherry Point/Havelock, so it can't be that bad.

thekinggovernor

President Joe Biden Vice President Kamala Harris
Aug 11, 2003
CAROFUCKINGLINAS
So I got my Web Orders this week. I have to be in New River NLT 03 March. I'll probably be there mid Feb. Any of you out in Jacksonville? I know the place is no LA/Hollywood, but there has to be something to do out there. It's bigger than Cherry Point/Havelock, so it can't be that bad.
the last time I was, 3 years ago, it actually wasn't as bad as the first time I went there. They actually have some decent shit to do off base, its not just tat shops, used furntiure stores, and skrimp clubs.

OnThreeLetsGo

Oct 16, 2006

lol im sorry to hear you had the misfortune to be out there.

Its whatever you make of it. You've got numerous bars that will have more swinging dicks in them than you can ever imagine. plenty of tattoo places plenty of nice beaches with plenty of girls that hate Marines.... lots of strip clubs with girls that have the pay schedule memorized for the Marines for the whole year i think. You can go to wilmington which is about 30 minutes away which is a huge college town, but if you have a shaved head and look like a usual Marine, dont be surprised if not many girls want to talk to you, or dont be surprised if you cant get into a certain club, but lots of clubs dont like Marines, because "they start shit" with the local college kids..I got denied into one club once in wilmington because I was a lance cple and 20 years old even though the sign on the front CLEARLY SAID "must be 18 to enter"

No, in all seriousness, its not too bad other than be a wayyyyy overcrowded town with a 10:1 dick to vagina ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor