TECH Refurbs - After checking out the new MBPs today, ordered a 13" MBA w/ 4GB + 256GB SSD

Unknown User

Aug 11, 2003
In Your Mind
Just sold my 2010 i7 MBP 15" yesterday. Ended up going with a Macbook Air 13" with the 4GB and 256GB SSD today from Apple's online refurb store. I'm a HUGE fan of the refurb store. Comes with the same warranty and everything. Every product that I've purchased from them so far has been practically brand new and I've never felt there was anything that showed prior usage.

Also, the cost savings is pretty nice also. A brand new Macbook Air w/ similar specs was $1,799. The refurb was $1,529. Local taxes at the physical Apple store are 10% here so that would mean $152.90. Online it was around 6% for some reason (not sure why, but it always is for where I live). Add in overnight delivery for $22 and I'm set. :coolugh:

Another :bigthumb: for their refurb store. Saved about $330.

TS
TS

Unknown User

Aug 11, 2003
In Your Mind
in terms of processor speed that is

Of course it's a huge hit in processing, but I never used my MBP for its true intention to begin with. I always thought I would edit photos and all that with it along with gaming. Ended up doing that the first day or two and found that my 2 30" Apple Cinema displays and Mac Pro were better suited for the job than a small laptop.

If I'm going to have a laptop, might as well make it even lighter and smaller but keep some balls (RAM, upgraded CPU, and SSD).

TS
TS

Unknown User

Aug 11, 2003
In Your Mind
return it. that apple SSD is slow as shit.

get yourself a OWC or OCZ Vertex 2

Apple went a proprietary route with these. They've shutdown the first 3rd party manufacturer that created 3rd party upgrades to their SSD. There's more on the horizon.

That's why I went with the 256GB vs. the 11" w the 128GB. Never know how long I'm going to be locked in there.

iRate

Dec 18, 2009
Wiscompton
OHHHH didnt see it was the air that you purchased ( didnt fully read your post )

I thought you ordered a MBP. my bad

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan