FIT Resistance Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scout

OT Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Awwwz
Any of you guys had any experience with these?

I'm going to be traveling for a while soon and find it a bitch to find gyms in some countries/cities. I'm wondering if resistance bands would help out much in offering much resistance.
I lift to bodybuild, and to keep things easy, we'll say I do a similar program to Purs.

CottonTowels

May 17, 2010
Canada
I have no complaints against them. See if you can get your hands on a "door attachment", long story short it'll fit between the wall and the door (when you close the door) which will allow you to do different exercises.

You won't get the same quality out of them if you're trying to squat, bench, sohp, etc. but they're a different stress on the body and your composition shouldn't change

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
I have the Predator Bands from Perform Better. You might also consider a TRX.

TS
TS
Scout

Scout

OT Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Awwwz
Thanks for the recommendations.

I always go away with just carry-on luggage, so TRX and door attachments are too big/bulky to take with me. Only reason why I looked at resistance bands.

Don't get me wrong, I will be going to the gym if possible, but for those days when it's too hard or far to get to one, I'd be hitting up a play gym + resistance bands.
I just haven't had or seen any before so I don't know what they're like.

half zip

Banned
Nov 23, 2007
I've never seen a resistance band capable of offering meaningful resistance to a healthy adult male.

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
I don't see how this won't fit in a carry-on. The door attachment is like a few inches long.

trx-breakdown.jpeg

TS
TS
Scout

Scout

OT Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Awwwz
I don't see how this won't fit in a carry-on. The door attachment is like a few inches long.

trx-breakdown.jpeg
Aw shit, when I googled them, they came up in packs. So I obviously thought you needed all that shit, not just two of them

And by door attachment I thought it was those things that go in the doorway so you can do pull ups

:uh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor