FIT Resting and You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biskit

Jun 22, 2006
In Communist Cuba
When do you take your days off?

I have been doing 5 days on 2 days of.

Have been told to do 2 days on 1 off 3 days on 2 off 2 days on 1 day off 3 days on ect...

I have also been told to do:

Monday
Tuesday
Rest
Thursday
Friday
Rest
Rest
Monday
Tuesday

PissWater

Jun 1, 2005
I rest fridays and fridays only, 3 day muscle rotation for 6 days then one day of rest, and that one day of rest is really really being looked forward to this week.

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
I take Saturdays and Sundays off, but i'm usually doing some sort of active work on the house, and light cardio (walking the dog, etc...)

Get as much sleep as you need. 8 hours is the recommended average for all people, but your body will give you a much better idea.

For me, i've found that too much sleep is worse than not enough. If I sleep in on the weekends and get 10 or so hours, I feel sluggish all day long.

TS
TS
Biskit

Biskit

Jun 22, 2006
In Communist Cuba
9 hours of sleep wtf!

does it actually matter THAT much

because 8-9 seems a lot, i get 6-7 and i feel 110% but get bitched at by people because i work out and dont get "enough sleep" so i wont see results and im working out for no reason.

Paintballny

Nov 19, 2003
NY
I lift tues/thurs/sat and do cardio the rest of the days. I may toss in a gpp/fun day to do sled/keg/sandbag work once it gets warm though.

Nev

Aug 11, 2004
SoCal
mike said:
they changed the recommended about of sleep to 9 hours a few months ago...

i do 3 days on, 1 day off.

9 hours has always been my prime time :bowdown:

Nev

Aug 11, 2004
SoCal
evolude said:

Doesn't mean I get it. More like once or twice a week.

I workout 2 days a week, 5 days off. :rofl::rofl:

that sounds like me. I'm trying to get some shit in check right now though. Living at the beach for the summer :o

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Southern California
I workout Mon-Fri and I take Sat and Sun off. I might go out for a light run or a nice swim but nothing crazy, just something to keep my body going.

I try and get at least eight hours of sleep every night, I like letting my body rest. Plus going to the gym twice a day can make you very, very tired.

timberwolf

Jan 30, 2004
Toronto
6 days on, 1 off and 4 weeks per month and usually 2-3 days off at the end of each month. Since I'm going to miss a few days while in Cali, postponed the days off until then.

BlackIce72

Jan 4, 2005
NJ
mike said:
they changed the recommended about of sleep to 9 hours a few months ago...

i do 3 days on, 1 day off.

Well a lot of researchers always recommended 9 hours ( I actually have an 8 year old psych book that notes this ), but the 8 hour semi-misconception was brought about by the media as they misinterpret "recommended" versus "optimal".

Around 8 is recommended while 9 is optimal. I know it's a battle of semantics but that's what my old and new psych book point out.

It's the same thing as the misconception that we can't dream unless we are in REM. In fact, we can hallucinate or "dream" at any stage of sleep (including when theta waves are prodominant in our EEG), though our extraordinary dreams occur when we are in a state of paralysis in REM and our prefrontal cortex does not rationalize or properly plan out a thought scheme-- it just goes with the flow basically.

Sure, you are 80% likely to catch someone during a dream if you awake them during REM, but there's still a 15-50% chance of catching a dreamer in stage 1 or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor