TECH Restoring from a TM backup

hoppy1028

Jan 27, 2007
Orlando
A friend of mine game me a Early 2008 Macbook, and since it has better specs than my moms Macbook i wanted to restore from her TM Backup.

I erased the whole hard drive on the mac i was given, updated it to snow leopard and restored from her backup, but when it was all finished it did show 53gb free out of the 120gb available but none of the files were anywhere to be found exept under the Users tab in Macintosh HD, but they had a red stop sign with a dash and said it could not be viewed bc of permissions

how can i get it to show her exact computer but on this mac and not hers?

I ordered a fw400 to fw400, but its gonna take 6 days to get here and i would like to have it done before then

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
Sounds like you created a user, then migrated the TM backup over. Now you should be able to just log out and log in to her account then remove the original account. if you go to System Preferences -> Users, see whats on the left hand side. If shes there, you just need to log out and back in to her account

TS
TS
hoppy1028

hoppy1028

Jan 27, 2007
Orlando
Sounds like you created a user, then migrated the TM backup over. Now you should be able to just log out and log in to her account then remove the original account. if you go to System Preferences -> Users, see whats on the left hand side. If shes there, you just need to log out and back in to her account

:bowdown::bowdown: that worked thanks so much

nsxrebel

May 22, 2006
:bowdown::bowdown: that worked thanks so much

Make sure your mom's account has admin privileges, if not, go back to the original account, add admin privileges.

Once you have done that, log on to your mom's account, and delete the original account if you don't need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448