CAR Restoring red paint...V paint on bumpers don't match body

JDM RICE

Off-Topic OG Lurker
Oct 16, 2001
at work
This is something that has always bugged me about my S2000, call it OCD. I've got an NFR (New Formula Red) that has front and rear bumpers there are almost a shade darker than the body. The car is all original and no paint work has been performed. I have 3M clear film on the entire front end as well, so If there's to be any paint correction, it has to be on the body. I really don't want to want to remove the film from the front bumper, but the hood and fenders I don't mind if I have to.

Am I SOL?

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
The big problem is the paint on the bumpers has a flex agent and are not painted with the same exact red paint as the rest of the car. Very typical that there won't be a perfect match. However, polishing the car may bring back the rest of the paint enough the difference won't be so noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan