GUN results from my 2nd ever IDPA match! IByar :o

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
i was shooting a SSP (stock service pistol) sig p226 9mm in a galco concealable (if anyone is interested) in the unclassified division.

and now for my standings:

overall, out of 21 people i got 4th place :coold: (i think the first time i did it i got somewhere in the middle of the pack):

overall.jpg

4th in my division (out of 7)

division.jpg

and 7th in terms of overall accuracy

accuracy.jpg

as you can see, the +6 points in stage 5 really screwed me up. 5/6 of them were from only hitting the target once (instead of twice). had i hit it, i would have only been up 1 point in that stage, and my final results would be much different. but fuck speculation :) i'm happy with how i did and look forward to next month's shoot.

AB13

Jul 8, 2006
Auburn, WA
Niiice. Fast and accurate. Keep on keeping on. If you want to leave the rest of those IDPA shooters in the dust, take up USPSA. Seriously, your proficiency just sky rockets.

Good job tho'.

TS
TS
Paul Revere

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
next month there is a three gun match, and an extra IDPA shoot (usually only 1 match per month).

plus i'm doing LMS Defense's Pistol 1, so it'll be a busy month :coold:

Three gun
LMS Defense
Thanksgiving
IDPA

:bowdown:

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
Good job on jump in the practical pistol shooting. Most people chicken out because they know they are going to suck. You did really well.

I highly recommend you do uspsa/ipsc. Makes idpa look like weak sauce. Better yet do some 3 gun. That's a man's sport right there.

TS
TS
Paul Revere

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
Good job on jump in the practical pistol shooting. Most people chicken out because they know they are going to suck. You did really well.

I highly recommend you do uspsa/ipsc. Makes idpa look like weak sauce. Better yet do some 3 gun. That's a man's sport right there.

the first IDPA i've ever done was a three gun match (they designed the pistol portion to replicate IDPA). i did moderately well (like i said, about half through the group).

i ran out of ammo on the rifle stage with 1 target left :o it was a long range shoot.

i'm excited for the next one not only because three gun is fun as shit :hs: but because the rifle stage is gonna be more close-quarters simulations. they announced it would be done in 2-25 yards.

i might try to borrow a friend's aimpoint for my AR, or just put a flip cover on the front of my TA33 so the reticle acts like a red dot and i dont get fucked up with the magnification at close ranges.

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
hopefully it's a real uspsa or img 3 gun and not some watered down idpa 3 gun.

I like the long range stuff, it's what seperates the men from the fags.

GarandBobcat

Jan 21, 2007
Merced Co., CA
:hs: yeah, garandbobcat capped a "hostage" twice. i think he ranked 20/21 :hsd:

Yeah....trigger mashing ftl. Plus, I let myself get a little too excited about the stage--exit a car, engage 3 from behind the driver's door, move to trunk, engage a different 3 kneeling behind rear bumper, passenger side corner--and put 2 rounds into a no-shoot below the second target in the first half of the stage. Beautiful headshots, though :Ownedd:

OTOH, came in 6th overall for accuracy (Hoss came in 7th, you notice), so most of my fail comes from being slow.

Oh, and I was using my duty rig from work. Safariland 6280 holster with SLS Sentry add-on lock for the slow. Plus a G22C with Streamlight M3 light.

lol. 2 IDPA matches I've shot, 2 different guns and setups. Maybe I should get a CZ75 and new holster/mag carrier setup for next month's shoot... :mamoru:

GarandBobcat

Jan 21, 2007
Merced Co., CA
the first IDPA i've ever done was a three gun match (they designed the pistol portion to replicate IDPA). i did moderately well (like i said, about half through the group).

i ran out of ammo on the rifle stage with 1 target left :o it was a long range shoot.

i'm excited for the next one not only because three gun is fun as shit :hs: but because the rifle stage is gonna be more close-quarters simulations. they announced it would be done in 2-25 yards.

i might try to borrow a friend's aimpoint for my AR, or just put a flip cover on the front of my TA33 so the reticle acts like a red dot and i dont get fucked up with the magnification at close ranges.
100yds ≠ long. You ran through what? 30 rounds? at 10" targets, at 100 yards, and got maybe 3-5 hits. With a 20" AR. From a barricade rest.

I used a 60-something year old M1 Garand, same range, same positions (well, the first one was the same--only I actually moved on to the second and third stations :mamoru:), and went 11/16. Knocked a pair of targets clear out of commission too :rofl:

OTOH, I suck at high-power style rifle shooting. Which is a shame, because I'd like to be good at it.

Speaking of rifles and shit. Dude, can I borrow your AR and 870 for the 3-gun? I'll pay you back for the AR ammo--or I can pay you for it up front, and I'll supply my own 12ga ammo.

@yar: the 3-gun will be a semi-watered-down IDPA-style shoot. pistol stages, shotgun stages, rifle stages. All separate. :ugh:

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
well watered down 3 gun is still better than pistol only any day. You guys have to train up for when the CA 3 gun series comes to N. Cal. Then you can shoot the match with me and tell everyone on OT how much nicer or more of a dick I am in person :)

TS
TS
Paul Revere

Paul Revere

OT Supporter
May 19, 2003
Cali-NO NFA-fornia
100yds ≠ long.
it was the 2nd time of my life shooting more than 25 yds

GarandBobcat said:
You ran through what? 30 rounds? at 10" targets, at 100 yards, and got maybe 3-5 hits. With a 20" AR. From a barricade rest.
first time shooting that gun @ range
GarandBobcat said:
I used a 60-something year old M1 Garand, same range, same positions (well, the first one was the same--only I actually moved on to the second and third stations :mamoru:), and went 11/16. Knocked a pair of targets clear out of commission too :rofl:
you have more experience with that rifle :hs:

/excuses :hs:
GarandBobcat said:
Speaking of rifles and shit. Dude, can I borrow your AR and 870 for the 3-gun? I'll pay you back for the AR ammo--or I can pay you for it up front, and I'll supply my own 12ga ammo.
no worries

GarandBobcat

Jan 21, 2007
Merced Co., CA
it was the 2nd time of my life shooting more than 25 yds

first time shooting that gun @ range

you have more experience with that rifle :hs:

/excuses :hs:
no worries
truth. You had a shitload of handicaps....though the guys with the mini-14s they'd had for years also sucked :mamoru:
You'd'a done better with your own AR, brotato. :h5:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor