TECH Riddle Me This

Fase

Your Face, In A Pickle Jar.
Apr 6, 2004
Windsor, Ont, Canada.
Interesting story...

Had a notebook (Acer 5720Z) that I was to clean up for a new person. Backup and delete all personal files, remove Vista, put on Windows 7, etc.

After hours of backup, formatting, installing Windows 7, install new software, etc I ran Windows 7 rating thing. Well, the computer finally overheated and shut down. I turn it back on a minute after and it's fine (never touched the keyboard though), but I shut it down for it to continue to cool off.

At this time I decide to clean the keyboard since it had tons of dog hair, food, yellow keys, etc. I clean it with cotton swabs, Qtips, and some rubbing alcohol. Keyboard ends up looking a lot better.

Turn the computer on and the keyboard doesn't work. Doesn't work in Windows, or in the BIOS. 100% dead. Only the keyboard doesn't work and not a single key works on it. I take the keyboard out of the notebook, check connections, press on connections, etc. Every key is dead even on POST. I let it sit for 3 hours and check it again. Dead.

This was on Friday. I come in now Monday morning, turn the PC on and the keyboard is now working fine. Can't even get it to stop working.

How does this happen and wtf?

Last edited:

CodeX

Sounds like a short to me, dried up over time and works fine now, I've had this happen many times to many different things. When I was young I dropped my MP3 player into a cup of coffee... cleaned it out with alcohol and let it dry out for over a week, turned it back on, worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor