GAME RIP Google Stadia 2019-2020

Matren

Don't worry about me, jerkoff.
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
Kind of a bummer tbh. It's a super cool service. I think it's just ahead of it's time.
It wasn't even the first service to do this, OnLive came out like ten years before this did. The fact that you had to buy the games, for both this and OnLive, is why it was a terrible idea then and now.

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
It wasn't even the first service to do this, OnLive came out like ten years before this did. The fact that you had to buy the games, for both this and OnLive, is why it was a terrible idea then and now.
Wrong. In ten years most gaming in the us will be streaming and you will have to buy big games individually

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
i'm not a gamer at all but with being at home all the time i decided to give it a casual try since it's cheaper than any other console.
it works fine, i don't find latency to be an issue. its helped me pass a lot of time. my only complaint is there isn't that many games to play
oof

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte
Doesn't sound like Stadia is going away. Just going to target other developers to bring games to Stadia instead of spending the money to make their own exclusive. If a high-quality game cost $100m+ to develop better to throw money to third-party developers to port their game.

I don't have a Stadia but people blindly hated it from the start.

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
US internet is far too bad for this to be a majority anytime soon. And it isn't gonna be that much better in 10 years.
Only six percent of Americans don’t have broadband

xioix

Feb 20, 2005
So Cal
Only six percent of Americans don’t have broadband
And the US is saying that you only need 3-4Mbps to connect to the Internet to play games

makemedie

Jan 8, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
Fuck the Stadia.

I'm more interested in hearing what the fuck is happening with Google Glass? I've been wanting to buy one for a while but A) Don't even know if it fucking works outside of the US, and B) Don't know if they've secretly or are planning on shelving the whole fucking thing.

Come on Google, its probably the most epic futuristic wearable that has the potential to be an actual game changer. DO SOMETHING WITH IT! :ugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19