GAME RIP Google Stadia 2019-2020

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
I'd purchase it if I didn't have to repurchase the games I all ready own. This is essentially geforce now but it's on integrated platform. Give the ability to link games (and purchase as well and I can guarantee it takes off).

Matren

Don't worry about me, jerkoff.
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
Only six percent of Americans don’t have broadband
You do realize that's twenty fucking million people, right? This also ignores how shit most peoples' speed is even if they have broadband compared to real first world countries.

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
You do realize that's twenty fucking million people, right? This also ignores how shit most peoples' speed is even if they have broadband compared to real first world countries.
I already said I made that number up

• Haha
Reactions: Phil NJ

melroy

Apr 1, 2018
Regardless within two decades most people will be streaming

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
US internet is terrible. It's kind of a running joke amongst my team (50/50 American/Canadian) that America has 3rd world internet. It's not so much that fast internet isn't available but it seems to be a common thing in the US for neighborhoods to sign exclusive contracts with specific internet providers and the residents are stuck with whatever that ISP offers because all competitors are locked out of that area.
Thqt will come back to bite many companies in the ass when starlink takes off.

Reactions: Boots

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
US internet is terrible. It's kind of a running joke amongst my team (50/50 American/Canadian) that America has 3rd world internet. It's not so much that fast internet isn't available but it seems to be a common thing in the US for neighborhoods to sign exclusive contracts with specific internet providers and the residents are stuck with whatever that ISP offers because all competitors are locked out of that area.
its a running joke in the US as well

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Thqt will come back to bite many companies in the ass when starlink takes off.

starlink would absolutely be terrible something like stadia though. Even 20-40ms of latency for game streaming is going to be a problem.

melroy

Apr 1, 2018
Please don’t misunderstand, I don’t care

• Haha
Reactions: ostinato

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
starlink would absolutely be terrible something like stadia though. Even 20-40ms of latency for game streaming is going to be a problem.
yea but its great for people who are ISP locked, small latency hit but actual internet is gonna shake up some shit

Reactions: ostinato

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey
Great, but give it another year and everything will be abolished. A shutdown so swift and secure that the President of Madagascar would be envious.
They are actually in a good spot currently. The new xbox and PS5 are hard to find and PC always has a pricey barrier to entry. Times like now are great for a business model that does require expensive hardware and gives access to the newest games.

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
It would definitely be playable. No worse than what most people run into when playing online. It wouldn't be ideal though.

Matren

Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
iirc this is what kept my area from getting cable internet till 2003.

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Would be a good practice for the government to make illegal. Would really open up the internet market to some competition.
Hahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha.

Oh man. If only.

(I am agreeing with you 100% but telecom in this country is fucked and the government is their bitches)

• Haha

Matren

Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
Would be a good practice for the government to make illegal. Would really open up the internet market to some competition.
:werd: It'd also be great if the shitcocking companies wouldn't bitch about some other company coming in and wanting to improve shit. Both AT&T (I think that's who operates in the area) and Time Warner bitched and moaned and shit their pants when Google started sniffing around here. I still think Google wanting to lay shit down here is the only reason TW basically doubled our speed over night without needing to do much of anything other than tell us to get new modems. AT&T used some bullshit excuse to keep Google off their lines saying they didn't want their customers shit to be impacted with downtime or w/e because Google would be fucking with them. Fuck all ISPs in this country.

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Fuck the Stadia.

I'm more interested in hearing what the fuck is happening with Google Glass? I've been wanting to buy one for a while but A) Don't even know if it fucking works outside of the US, and B) Don't know if they've secretly or are planning on shelving the whole fucking thing.

Come on Google, its probably the most epic futuristic wearable that has the potential to be an actual game changer. DO SOMETHING WITH IT! :ugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec