GAME RIP Google Stadia 2019-2020

Matren

Don't worry about me, jerkoff.
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN

I didnt know google had acquired them, wonder if the PC version is without bugs since I wanted to grab this sometime since it finally hit Steam

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
its really a shame because stadia was great and worked well. it just had shit for games.
Paying $60 for a game to not even own it, on a console with less than 100 games, from a company that thinks 35 mb/s internet is fast in 2021.

So if/when Stadia goes bust and isn’t supported anymore, you’ve got a brick you wasted thousands of dollars on.

They seriously thought this model could compete with Game Pass?

Sean6293

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Newburgh, NY
Paying $60 for a game to not even own it, on a console with less than 100 games, from a company that thinks 35 mb/s internet is fast in 2021.

So if/when Stadia goes bust and isn’t supported anymore, you’ve got a brick you wasted thousands of dollars on.

to be fair most people buy digital versions of games these days and in that regard its the same as stadia. sure you own the game but you can't resell it or let a friend borrow it or trade with someone. plus the fact that you could play on basically any screen was pretty cool. :dunno:

i have fios gigabit internet so i never had any connection issues. that said i only ever bought one game for it

Reactions: I<3URANUS

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England

To be fair, I don't think Game Pass was really a thing yet when they launched Stadia. However that Netflix style subscription model was clearly a better concept, and probably what Stadia should have been in the first place.

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Yeah you’re right, nobody is playing Stadia relative to the numbers of Xbox or PS.

You mean the platforms that have been around for 20+ years have more users than a brand new service that uses a brand new way of streaming games? I'm not sure if that's any better than your 'I don't know anyone who uses stadia so it must be a failure' statement :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74