GAME RIP Google Stadia 2019-2020

alex

RIP OT Yard Sale
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Orange County, NY
They should have made it a subscription model and offer unlisted games.
maybe… i think the problem is people just assumed it would suck because of lag/latency/etc.

But after getting a free one and trying the trial, it really was excellent. I have a decent internet connection so maybe if you’re on DSL or something it’d suck, but I was even able to play fighting games and it played perfectly. No lag issues, it was great.

My only issue is that I already have a gaming PC and when I play PC games I want to use my keyboard and mouse anyway.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
maybe… i think the problem is people just assumed it would suck because of lag/latency/etc.

But after getting a free one and trying the trial, it really was excellent. I have a decent internet connection so maybe if you’re on DSL or something it’d suck, but I was even able to play fighting games and it played perfectly. No lag issues, it was great.

My only issue is that I already have a gaming PC and when I play PC games I want to use my keyboard and mouse anyway.

The business model was more of a problem than the technology. If they had done a "Netflix for games" model, that might have been appealing. But having to buy individual games at full price that can only be streamed and never played locally/offline? Fuck off outta here. :rofl:

Sean6293

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Newburgh, NY
Exactly
The business model was more of a problem than the technology. If they had done a "Netflix for games" model, that might have been appealing. But having to buy individual games at full price that can only be streamed and never played locally/offline? Fuck off outta here. :rofl:
Exactly. Make it a subscription and let the users play all games on the system.

alex

RIP OT Yard Sale
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Orange County, NY
And when Stadia inevitably gets fully scrapped (which Google does all the time), you can’t play anymore… ever.

Plus a lot of the fun of many PC games is the modding. If I want to play at 1080p with a controller on the couch, I’ll just use a console

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec