GAME RIP Google Stadia 2019-2020

SCirone

Aug 18, 2004
So you pay for a controller, then pay a monthly subscription for the service, then pay full price for a game that's streamed to you,
so if the service ever ends, you will be left with a useless controller that can't play any of the games you bought?

You are not required to pay for the monthly subscription.

It is the same as any digitally bought games.

keroberos

Jan 16, 2002
If you're planning on playing on a 720p or 1080p screen, Stadia will eat up a lot less data. Playing on a 720p screen will use around 4.5GB per hour, while a 1080p screen will use 9.0GB per hour. So 30 hours of 720p gaming will use 135GB of data, while 1080p will use 270GB.

:hs:

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
So you pay for a controller, then pay a monthly subscription for the service, then pay full price for a game that's streamed to you,
so if the service ever ends, you will be left with a useless controller that can't play any of the games you bought?
Yep. Just like how if PlayStation ever goes under all those PlayStation games are useless

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Can play when traveling
no install times
Quick to change tvs

I have plenty of games I can play when traveling now. The experience of playing games designed for a big TV or monitor with full mouse/keyboard or gamepad controls is going to be awful on a mobile device.

Install times happen once, then you're done. And then the game is run locally and you don't have to worry about your internet connection being stable in order to play.

How often do you switch the TV that you're playing a game on?

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
You are not required to pay for the monthly subscription.

It is the same as any digitally bought games.

You are if you actually want to best quality of resolution and frame rates, which is a BIG part of their whole selling point (4k 60fps with no local hardware).

keroberos

Jan 16, 2002
People pay by the gb in the us?

people in the US get screwed digitally.

If i pre-order a game on the PS Store i get charge instantly and guess what? I cant cancel it or get a refund if i decide i dont want it before its released.

SCirone

Aug 18, 2004
not really i can play my digital downloads even when there's no internet connection - the game are on my PS4

How many do you own digitally and how many do you have installed?

If there was ever a harddrive issue and they took down the servers, would you still be able to get them?

melroy

Apr 1, 2018
I have plenty of games I can play when traveling now. The experience of playing games designed for a big TV or monitor with full mouse/keyboard or gamepad controls is going to be awful on a mobile device.

Install times happen once, then you're done. And then the game is run locally and you don't have to worry about your internet connection being stable in order to play.

How often do you switch the TV that you're playing a game on?
Cool I don’t. And I didn’t say anything about big tv on mobile here we are again with you fucking projecting because you don’t like being wrong.

melroy

Apr 1, 2018
people in the US get screwed digitally.

If i pre-order a game on the PS Store i get charge instantly and guess what? I cant cancel it or get a refund if i decide i dont want it before its released.
Sweet ducking of my question

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec