GAME RIP Google Stadia 2019-2020

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
How many do you own digitally and how many do you have installed?

If there was ever a harddrive issue and they took down the servers, would you still be able to get them?
I'll bite, what server is being taken down?

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England

If there was ever a harddrive issue and they took down the servers, would you still be able to get them?

Let's not pretend that Google doesn't have a certain history when it comes to continued support of new products that makes this a much more valid concern than being worried about whether Sony is going to shut down their gaming division (arguably the most successful part of their company) out of the blue. :rofl:

Anyway, for the time being at least, you do still have the option of buying physical copies of games on PlayStation.

pixel804

yabba dabba do
Nov 2, 2001

I have like 4 games downloaded and bunch more on discs -- the point is my PS4 and many of the games i paid for won't be useless if PSN goes down. Also Sony killing PSN is probably much less likely to happen than Google killing Stadia.

SCirone

Aug 18, 2004
I'll bite, what server is being taken down?

Its a what if situation, the same as the case is being made with Stadia.

Also if I am correct in my recollection, the Wii has had is ability to download previously purchased games shutdown

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
Let's not pretend that Google doesn't have a certain history when it comes to continued support of new products that makes this a much more valid concern than being worried about whether Sony is going to shut down their gaming division (arguably the most successful part of their company) out of the blue. :rofl:

Anyway, for the time being at least, you do still have the option of buying physical copies of games on PlayStation.
If it doesn’t happen next gen PlayStation six won’t have physical media. Get over it you fucking dipshit

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
A majority of the population cares about 4k at the highest frame rates
Well, it's simple. Every gamer wants the best gaming experience. 4k @ 60fps is kind of the Holy Grail right now in gaming.

Many people cannot afford that due to costs associated with it.

Protip: the buy in issue isn't with the TV. You can get 4k TV's for dirt cheap. The expense is in the computer. This allows people who can afford a $400 tv and reasonable priced gaming service to experience that.

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Its a what if situation, the same as the case is being made with Stadia.

Also if I am correct in my recollection, the Wii has had is ability to download previously purchased games shutdown
Ok It's really not relevant here though.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Cool I don’t. And I didn’t say anything about big tv on mobile here we are again with you fucking projecting because you don’t like being wrong.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by being able to play while "traveling". I assumed you were referring to playing on a mobile device. Maybe you meant playing on a TV in a hotel room or whatever. That would be pretty cool, assuming the internet connection was good enough to support it. My experience with hotel internet speeds hasn't been great.

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
No one that wants to play streamed games from a $70 controller gives a fuck about your slightly better resolution on your 3k PC
I'm sure there's at least one or two.

But this is the whole selling point of the service. :rofl:

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
people in the US get screwed digitally.

If i pre-order a game on the PS Store i get charge instantly and guess what? I cant cancel it or get a refund if i decide i dont want it before its released.
Don't pre-order a game that won't let you refund before release.

SCirone

Aug 18, 2004
I'm sure there's at least one or two.

But this is the whole selling point of the service. :rofl:

The whole selling point of the service is that you can play the newest games without a console or having to update the hardware.

The 4k option is an add on for the people that want that as well

Reactions: I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
The whole selling point of the service is that you can play the newest games without a console or having to update the hardware.

The 4k option is an add on for the people that want that as well
Yeah. I thought you were saying why would someone care about 4k.

My bad. I'm hungover still. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec