GAME RIP Google Stadia 2019-2020

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
All reviews say it works pretty well so

Get fucked
wut? half the reviews that I saw said that unless you were located in a major metropolitan area there were massive issues with lag and graphic fidelity, even those in the major areas saw a noticeable decrease in quality from their console or PC.

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
wut? half the reviews that I saw said that unless you were located in a major metropolitan area there were massive issues with lag and graphic fidelity, even those in the major areas saw a noticeable decrease in quality from their console or PC.
Every review I saw said if you have decent internet it works fine. Some input delay but that was about it

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Every review I saw said if you have decent internet it works fine. Some input delay but that was about it
so that's every game that relies upon reaction speed basically out the window

I mean I love turn based content as much as the next guy but that sounds like shaky ground to base your new console on.

Reactions: Highlander_77

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I can already tell you part of this is bullshit as he says that he couldnt use the google stadia app to set it up because google requires you to have their pixel phone, which they do not. I have already installed it and set it up on my phone
did he say if he was testing a reviewer sample or a production model. I wouldn't put it past google to require reviewer samples to use pixels and then fix that for GA.

SCirone

Aug 18, 2004
did he say if he was testing a reviewer sample or a production model. I wouldn't put it past google to require reviewer samples to use pixels and then fix that for GA.

No this was for presetup before they even got the code.

Also the codes for signup were sent out last night for people that ordered the founders edition and had it shipped in the first wave

SCirone

Aug 18, 2004
Most of that review is whiney bullshit that I can tell you personally is not true or just a dumb argument

SCirone

Aug 18, 2004
So basically his whole this is crap and google lied review is based off of innacurate claims and was done before he even had his Stadia code

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
so that's every game that relies upon reaction speed basically out the window

I mean I love turn based content as much as the next guy but that sounds like shaky ground to base your new console on.
Nope. It’s not. It’s every so often you miss. It’s also day one of a new tech.

SCirone

Aug 18, 2004
I can see that getting really fucking annoying.

I am playing Samurai Showdown right now and am not really experiencing input lag. It feels a little heavier but that could also be the game and I am not quite familiar with it

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
I can see that getting really fucking annoying.

But it's totally worth the trade-off of poorer performance for the massive benefit of not actually ever owning anything you buy and having to be connected to the internet constantly to play anything...oh, wait.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Honestly now that I have got the product, gone through the setup, and jumped right into a game, I really dont understand this review
Maybe he will post an update? He is usually pretty level headed which is why I was surprised he bashed the product if it wasn't that bad(in contrast to your experience).

Maybe a timing issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec