RIP John le Carre

hurleywurley

That’s a rock fact
OT Supporter
Dec 8, 2006
Dickinson, TX

Best-selling British espionage writer David Cornwell -- known to the world as John le Carré -- died Saturday at 89, according to his literary agent.
Le Carré's family said in a statement that he died from pneumonia. He is survived by his wife, Jane, and four sons.
"I represented David for almost 15 years. I have lost a mentor, an inspiration and most importantly, a friend," said Jonny Geller, CEO of literary agency The Curtis Brown Group. "We will not see his like again."

Described by Geller as the "undisputed Giant of English literature," le Carré wrote 26 books that have been published in over 50 countries and 40 languages, according to his official website.

Le Carré as born in 1931 and attended the universities of Bern and Oxford. He also served briefly in British Intelligence during the Cold War.
His most famous works spanned some six decades and included "The Spy Who Came In Form the Cold," which was published in 1963 and made le Carré "the most famous spy writer in the world," Geller said.
Le Carré also wrote "Tinker Tailor Solider Spy" and "A Most Wanted Man," which were made into blockbuster movies.

Although I had not read any of his books I loved every single one of the movie/mini series adaptions.

TS
TS
hurleywurley

hurleywurley

That’s a rock fact
OT Supporter
Dec 8, 2006
Dickinson, TX
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
The Little Drummer Girl
The Night Manager
A Most Wanted Man

still need to see The Constant Gardener

Reactions: Sphygmo

Zach

OT Supporter
May 30, 2003
RAW_06202016rf_1606--3d3997f53e6f3e9277cd5a67fbd8f31f.jpg

RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan