TECH RIP Macworld

Pitt

1-1-11 — Never Forget
OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Injured Reserve
Apple's decision comes on the heels of news that Adobe would not be exhibiting at Macworld San Francisco. Several other vendors, including Belkin, Seagate, and Google, have also withdrawn from the expo or downsized their presence.​

:dunno:

TS
TS

TheWeasel

Apple's decision comes on the heels of news that Adobe would not be exhibiting at Macworld San Francisco. Several other vendors, including Belkin, Seagate, and Google, have also withdrawn from the expo or downsized their presence.​

:dunno:

Yup, lots of people have pulled out too. Maybe if they didn't insist on having huge 50'x50' booths and larger and just went with a 10'x20'.

Not even sure Macworld will happen in 2010. Now that everyone knows they won't be there, chances are they won't be signing up for 2010 just like they did with Macworld Boston.

Raider007

om nom nom nom
Aug 26, 2002
Bay Area
MacWorld without Apple is worthless...
MacWorld should just change it's name to iPodWorld...

the last 3 macworld's I've been like 70% ipod related accessories... complete waste

TS
TS

TheWeasel

MacWorld without Apple is worthless...
MacWorld should just change it's name to iPodWorld...

the last 3 macworld's I've been like 70% ipod related accessories... complete waste

2 years ago that was totally the case. Last year was the largest Macworld and they pushed most of the iPod stands to the other hall and out of the main hall.

TS
TS

TheWeasel

oh snap, last free swag for MWSF

All that stuff is worthless. Only thing I still have is a FW800 cable from Maxtor from last year, a Panic t-shirt that's still unopened from 4 years ago, and that's about it. Pens are always useful but most of the other stuff is just junk. After a year of loading up on freebees I've stopped taking anything unless I really need it. We get free books from O'Reilly every year as they don't wanna carry them out but even those are easier to just get in ebook format. We do trade software at the end of the day on Friday and you can get some good stuff then.

Raider007

om nom nom nom
Aug 26, 2002
Bay Area
2 years ago that was totally the case. Last year was the largest Macworld and they pushed most of the iPod stands to the other hall and out of the main hall.

funny enough, the last one is the one i skipped because i thought it was going to be another ipod fest, and i was planning on going to this next one till everyone started pulling out, once i heard that jobs wasn't going to do the keynote, i figured nothing really major worth seeing, so i tossed my badge before leaving work...

oh well...

quid

I Piss Excellence
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2004
california
lol i never knew macworld was a third party event :mamoru: i always thought it was thrown by apple.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Well shit.

Look on the bright side, if Jobs goes away and Apple tanks, OSX might go open-source. Then all of *nix can benefit from Aqua. That's not so bad.

mobbarley

Mar 4, 2005
Sydney
Well shit.

Look on the bright side, if Jobs goes away and Apple tanks, OSX might go open-source. Then all of *nix can benefit from Aqua. That's not so bad.

oh shit, aqua crashed, bloody (nvidia/ati) cant write a linux driver for shit... let me just kill it control + alt + backspace, modify some configuration file... yeah right.

TS
TS

TheWeasel

lol i never knew macworld was a third party event :mamoru: i always thought it was thrown by apple.

Nope, Macworld is put on by IDG. Most Apple employees don't even get in unless they're working the Apple booth. Last year we gave passes to a number of Apple employees including one that's been there for 25 years. Kinda crazy that even Apple has to pay to get into Macworld.

You should see the prices they charge if you want to rent stuff for the show. $4500 to rent a 32" LCD TV for the week. Bwahaha!

DouggieJ

OT Supporter
Nov 1, 2007
New York, NY USA
I only went the couple of times it was here in New York. That was pretty fun, but those types of expos are probably not so useful any more in the age of the Internet and given the pace of development.

Raider007

om nom nom nom
Aug 26, 2002
Bay Area
You should see the prices they charge if you want to rent stuff for the show. $4500 to rent a 32" LCD TV for the week. Bwahaha!

nothing new if you've ever worked tradeshows...
rental equipment prices are insane... plus when we go to the Las Vegas Convention Center, it's Union labor, pay out the ass and they fucking slow plus all their breaks and shit... sucks ass...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec