RIP Rorschach :(

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird
I'd say the same for myself. taking a sabattical from drinking right now.. 45 days in
smart
yeah im tapering down right now and staying awake right now so I can fall asleep at a normal time and get on a regular walk time with the dog. The best way to be responsible. I'm VERY lucky to have a dog that can go 12+ hours without going out and not throw a fit or chew up anything.

We did today the normal 530am feed at 6am hour long walk but its because I didn't go to bed when it hit 5am

TrippZ

Sep 3, 2006
Dallas, TX
smart
yeah im tapering down right now and staying awake right now so I can fall asleep at a normal time and get on a regular walk time with the dog. The best way to be responsible. I'm VERY lucky to have a dog that can go 12+ hours without going out and not throw a fit or chew up anything.

We did today the normal 530am feed at 6am hour long walk but its because I didn't go to bed when it hit 5am

are you getting sunlight?

are you staying awake all night because you're drinking or just nocturnal? be honest with yourself

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw

are you staying awake all night because you're drinking or just nocturnal? be honest with yourself
He probably drinks a beer with dinner every night and thinks he has a problem.

DCC

OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004

I am a very nocturnal person but I end up drinking at night so I stay awake then sleep in the day which is not good. My bedroom gets virtually zero light so it is very easy to just sleep. 5pm looks like 5am in my hallway/bathroom/bedroom with my given nightlights.

TrippZ

Sep 3, 2006
Dallas, TX
I am a very nocturnal person but I end up drinking at night so I stay awake then sleep in the day which is not good. My bedroom gets virtually zero light so it is very easy to just sleep. 5pm looks like 5am in my hallway/bathroom/bedroom with my given nightlights.

that's very odd, I can see how it would mess up your rhythm.

go for walks down lamar.. or go to zilker. or go to barton springs. it's getting warm enough now (minus today) to where you can go at 6 PM and still get enough sun for a nice tan.

for me it was basically keeping myself busy after work. I try to not even go inside aside to change or use the bathroom after it's well past dark. it honestly helps.

DCC

OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
that's very odd, I can see how it would mess up your rhythm.

go for walks down lamar.. or go to zilker. or go to barton springs. it's getting warm enough now (minus today) to where you can go at 6 PM and still get enough sun for a nice tan.

for me it was basically keeping myself busy after work. I try to not even go inside aside to change or use the bathroom after it's well past dark. it honestly helps.
When sober I'm good at 5am walks for 5 miles up lamar then an evening at the park off leash with the dog for an hour.
I watch too much TV so thats what I need to control. I also can't play any video games sober. It just feels odd. I go through month off month on cycles.

Shit like this makes me realize I need to just stop entirely. I'm glad I'm not liquid enough to just drink a bottle a day.

and yeah the bedroom is odd. its a long apartment with living room and kitchen near the window and no window in the bedroom so it gets dark

May 8, 2001
Colorado
When sober I'm good at 5am walks for 5 miles up lamar then an evening at the park off leash with the dog for an hour.
I watch too much TV so thats what I need to control. I also can't play any video games sober. It just feels odd. I go through month off month on cycles.

Shit like this makes me realize I need to just stop entirely. I'm glad I'm not liquid enough to just drink a bottle a day.

and yeah the bedroom is odd. its a long apartment with living room and kitchen near the window and no window in the bedroom so it gets dark

Might be time to take a hiatus from platty threads. :hs:

TrippZ

Sep 3, 2006
Dallas, TX

Dude, 100% same on the bold. I couldn't stream on Twitch, pick up an xbox controller, or enjoy really ANY game without at least a couple of beers. Got to the point where I said screw it, just not gonna play then. I've been able to start playing a little more. I went through Dishonored recently sober. Was a nice experience.

Also, my apartment has very poor lighting (especially considering how much I pay) and I realized it kinda dragged me down. I get home from work and the sun is literally blasting into the living room to where I can't see, so I have to keep everything closed. Go upstairs, one tiny window, worthless. Bedroom, same as the living room. I started taking Vitamin D supplements in the beginning but it feels so much better to get that sun on you.

I'm telling ya, stay awake and stay away from being in the dark until it's night time. I still have trouble sleeping but I'm trying to get to the point where I can exercise myself until complete exhaustion.

Are you drinking out of boredom/you don't have anything else to do or are you doing it because you need to?

DCC

OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Dude, 100% same on the bold. I couldn't stream on Twitch, pick up an xbox controller, or enjoy really ANY game without at least a couple of beers. Got to the point where I said screw it, just not gonna play then. I've been able to start playing a little more. I went through Dishonored recently sober. Was a nice experience.

Also, my apartment has very poor lighting (especially considering how much I pay) and I realized it kinda dragged me down. I get home from work and the sun is literally blasting into the living room to where I can't see, so I have to keep everything closed. Go upstairs, one tiny window, worthless. Bedroom, same as the living room. I started taking Vitamin D supplements in the beginning but it feels so much better to get that sun on you.

I'm telling ya, stay awake and stay away from being in the dark until it's night time. I still have trouble sleeping but I'm trying to get to the point where I can exercise myself until complete exhaustion.

Are you drinking out of boredom/you don't have anything else to do or are you doing it because you need to?
Boredom

and I love the dark/grey. I don't use my bedroom for anything but sex and sleep so it isn't an issue. Granite countertops and grey concrete floors. I also have blazing afternoon sunlight. I walk outside for about 2 hours at least in some sort of light and have vitamin d pills as its not good for the dog to do 100 degree walks for an hour at a time.

I haven't made stupid decisions aside from general, hey stop doing that, things but still I should just quit.

TrippZ

Sep 3, 2006
Dallas, TX
Boredom

and I love the dark/grey. I don't use my bedroom for anything but sex and sleep so it isn't an issue. Granite countertops and grey concrete floors. I also have blazing afternoon sunlight. I walk outside for about 2 hours at least in some sort of light and have vitamin d pills as its not good for the dog to do 100 degree walks for an hour at a time.

I haven't made stupid decisions aside from general, hey stop doing that, things but still I should just quit.
yeah i was drinking at first because I was bored, then it was because it was fun to play video games with a buzz, then it got to the point that I couldn't remember what I did at the end of the day that WASN'T drinking.

I haven't smoked the wacky tabaccy in a while but if I decide to get a mid week buzz I really need to make sure I go more towards that direction than cracking open a tall boy.

Muddy Waters

How are you doing?
OT Supporter
Dec 12, 2007
Southern California

God bless and good luck, quitting ain't no joke

DCC

OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
yeah i was drinking at first because I was bored, then it was because it was fun to play video games with a buzz, then it got to the point that I couldn't remember what I did at the end of the day that WASN'T drinking.

I haven't smoked the wacky tabaccy in a while but if I decide to get a mid week buzz I really need to make sure I go more towards that direction than cracking open a tall boy.
I haven't had good experiences with weed so I just don't. I've enjoyed it like 2x out of 6x in the past 8 years

God bless and good luck, quitting ain't no joke
Well it won't be hard. I haven't even had hard liquor in 6 weeks. I also need to be more productive

Reactions: Pootie

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Boredom

all the answers are at the bottom of the bottle

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec