RIP SOKO - our beloved OTer with the man purse has passed

Sam Gamgee

Every tool is weapon if you hold it right.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Western MA
Update: For regular updates on his current status...
Join the Facebook group called Send Soko Home.

Update 8:30 AM Monday: from his sister, Jen's, FB page: "My brother changed a lot of people! No real update. Poor communication from hospital doctors and embassy can only do so much. I just keep being told I need to come out there and be realistic. The things we were told last night are opposite of what gave us hope the night before. Please keep praying, you never know... Miracles happen."

Jen is getting a Visa expedited to her. It should arrive by mid-week. Then, she'll be able to go to China and visit Jonathan. With the money everyone has raised, she's hoping she'll be able to MediVac him back to the States (if that's an option by the time she gets there).

From a friend who visited him yesterday in the hospital in China: "I went to see you on Sunday morning at 5am because I couldn't handle the idea that you might have to be on your own, even if it was just for a minute. When I saw you in the ICU, I cried... they're taking great care of you but I never thought I'd see you like that. I hope you could sense I was there with you. I held your hand for a while and prayed every minute I could before I had to step out. And even then I was right outside thinking about you. Sunday morning, we saw so many arrive at the hospital just to be near you and show you they love you."

He's still in a medically induced coma because of the head trauma. Apparently the rest of his body is fine. It's all head trauma from the car that hit him when he was on his scooter. There appears to be no more brain activity yesterday and today (as there was on Saturday). His brain is not responding to people's singing and talking to him.

Update: 10:00am Sunday: a page to fund his sister's travel to China and for Soko's funeral arrangements has been set up. If you feel inclined, or want to show your support to his family at this time, go to: https://life.indiegogo.com/fundrais...s=10153267453007431&fb_action_types=og.shares

Update: 1:47 am EST Sunday: from his sister: Jonathan is still on life support and is intubated but stable! The head trauma is what is holding him back! Keep sending good thoughts, we need Soko!

First post: on life support and no brain activity.

This is NOT a joke thread.

My heart is very heavy today. I really loved that guy.

Last edited:

CitznFish

Don't live life by a single sentence
OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2002
SoCal
Last update: on life support and no brain activity.

This is NOT a joke thread.

My heart is very heavy today. I really loved that guy.

Are you fucking kidding me? What???

I was so excited for him for his new teaching job in Brazil.

:wtc:

Thoughts are with him and his family

CitznFish

Don't live life by a single sentence
OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2002
SoCal
image.php

:(

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
goddamnit, crash his scooter on the way to process his Brazilian visa? FUCK I was jsut ragging on him the other day and now hes fucking practically dead.

fuckin hell people, live your life to the fullest, you never know when you going to go :wtc:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec