RIP SOKO - our beloved OTer with the man purse has passed

mover

and shaker
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
I just saw this thread. :wtc:

I wish him and his family the best, and I hope for a speedy recovery.

FutureMan

On the rights of your wealth, I disagree
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
Liberal Enclave of Darien, CT
Latest directly from the family

Hey! Here's the update!
Shands has been given legal access to Jonathan's medical records. Shands neuro department will now be involved and have a meeting scheduled tonight with Chinese doctors. They are calling Jen afterwards with all translation and updates and opinions etc. great news!! United States is now legally involved!!

col_panic

calm like a bomb
Sep 19, 2003
winter haven, fl
Latest directly from the family

Hey! Here's the update!
Shands has been given legal access to Jonathan's medical records. Shands neuro department will now be involved and have a meeting scheduled tonight with Chinese doctors. They are calling Jen afterwards with all translation and updates and opinions etc. great news!! United States is now legally involved!!
:bigthumb: yes

bill

Skiing in Verbier
Jul 11, 2005
boston
I've been in the hospital the last few days. Was hoping this was just a OT bs thread. R.I.P. Soko, you were one of the good guys :wtc:

FutureMan

On the rights of your wealth, I disagree
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
Liberal Enclave of Darien, CT
I thought the first post said he was brain dead though :wtc:

This thread has me going on ups and downs like a god damn public toilet seat.

We'll know more in a little while after the doctors speak to the Chinese hospital. It seems like that may be the case, but there's been a lot of problems getting information because of legal and language barrier issues. His family actually believed he was dead on Saturday, then learned that he was actually alive on life support. I'm just hoping they fucked up again and maybe there is some hope for a recovery.

A Cow

OT Supporter
Jul 7, 2005
Vancouver BC
We'll know more in a little while after the doctors speak to the Chinese hospital. It seems like that may be the case, but there's been a lot of problems getting information because of legal and language barrier issues. His family actually believed he was dead on Saturday, then learned that he was actually alive on life support. I'm just hoping they fucked up again and maybe there is some hope for a recovery.

Here is hoping that "brain dead" in Chinese means "really fucked up but just in a comma"

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
Here is hoping that "brain dead" in Chinese means "really fucked up but just in a comma"

Hope he can go from comma to semicolon soon :sad2:

But in all seriousness, the human body is an incredible thing. Really hoping his can help him pull through. He's one of the hand full of names I still easily recognize here.

Redsand187

OT Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
WA
How do they do a medivac flight from China to Florida. Do they even have medivac planes that can make that journey without making 11ty stops?

A lot of miscommunication goes on in China, hopefully this isn't as bad as it sounds. :x:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec