RIP SOKO - our beloved OTer with the man purse has passed

I-am-Ryan

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
W547fIs.jpg

heebler elf

Plus the fact that this is China and you'll get more people standing around watching, than getting paramedics..and who knows their response time in this situation..

Reminds me of that chinese vid where the little girl got run over and people just kept walking by and over her body

Savages

SickOfItAll

The Bartender
Jul 31, 2001
Houston, TX
Reminds me of that chinese vid where the little girl got run over and people just kept walking by and over her body

Savages

China doesn't have an equivalent to Good Samaritan laws (or at least they didn't, may have changed) - aiding someone who's injured opens you up to a lawsuit over there, and people have done it more than a few times.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articl...-samaritan-case-gets-a-new-ending-adam-minter

Apparently the initial case is much, MUCH weirder than I was aware - just read that article and damn :o

Best wishes to Soko :hs: Still thinking about the dude daily.

3Bar

Banned
Nov 13, 2004
China doesn't have an equivalent to Good Samaritan laws (or at least they didn't, may have changed) - aiding someone who's injured opens you up to a lawsuit over there, and people have done it more than a few times.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articl...-samaritan-case-gets-a-new-ending-adam-minter

Apparently the initial case is much, MUCH weirder than I was aware - just read that article and damn :o

Best wishes to Soko :hs: Still thinking about the dude daily.

damn thats fucked up. no wonder the chinese act so cold when someone gets hurt.

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
Send Soko Home
3 hrs ·
We are living this nightmare minute by minute. We don't know what the future entails yet but doctors are in more communication now and we'll know more soon.
Never meant to give false hope but it is very very bad. Please continue keep Jonathan in prayers as you have been.
-Jen/Nickie

from facebook :hs:

Naturally Baked

Sep 24, 2007
Detroit, Murder Mitten
So fucking sad. I can't stop thinking about him. I had a dream about him last night. We weren't super close or anything but he was a good dude. I think we lost touch once he moved to China. Wish i made more of an attempt to keep in touch. :wtc:

Wake up Soko! :hs:

TMoNeE

OT Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
CA > *
So fucking sad. I can't stop thinking about him. I had a dream about him last night. We weren't super close or anything but he was a good dude. I think we lost touch once he moved to China. Wish i made more of an attempt to keep in touch. :wtc:

Wake up Soko! :hs:

Did he help you come out of the closet or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec