RIP US Economy v. We shrinking

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
ehhh this one have many many fronts.

the fed suppressed the rate too long then printed a fuck ton of money during covid. this aint like the other ones. hope im wrong.
I agree. Bonds getting rekt, real estate nosing down now, stock markets continue to slide. I was talking with some folks the other day explaining that the dip may not be over, they were convinced it was. I laid out a case for S&P 2800. I've heard some other pretty smart folks lay out a case for 2400. Wouldn't be the first time we've had 40-50% pullbacks in the market.

• Wow
Reactions: Muddy Waters

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I agree. Bonds getting rekt, real estate nosing down now, stock markets continue to slide. I was talking with some folks the other day explaining that the dip may not be over, they were convinced it was. I laid out a case for S&P 2800. I've heard some other pretty smart folks lay out a case for 2400. Wouldn't be the first time we've had 40-50% pullbacks in the market.

given the pandemic factors, global oil concerns it wouldn't totally shock me to see a 1 in the lead position there. :hsd:

it aint looking good. food prices are gona go hog wild with the shit growning in the US, UA issues, RU fert exports

intro_vert13

fuck them kids
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
an offshore haven somewhere
i share your sentiment.

anyone not freaked out about what's going on in our domestic economy, nevermind the global one, isn't paying enough attention imo. one need look no further than Sri Lanka, it's like Arab Spring playing out in one country after the next and we're barely 10 years removed from it.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
i share your sentiment.

anyone not freaked out about what's going on in our domestic economy, nevermind the global one, isn't paying enough attention imo. one need look no further than Sri Lanka, it's like Arab Spring playing out in one country after the next and we're barely 10 years removed from it.

yea but for a while we created a LOT of shareholder value on debt.

intro_vert13

fuck them kids
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
yea but for a while we created a LOT of shareholder value on debt.
werd.gif

and what ppl here don't realize is just how affected the rest of the world is on the policies of our fed
with shit like BRICS making more and more headlines, i hope ppl realize just how fortunate we are to have the world's reserve currency, bc that shit might not be the case for that much longer:ugh2:

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
werd.gif

and what ppl here don't realize is just how affected the rest of the world is on the policies of our fed
with shit like BRICS making more and more headlines, i hope ppl realize just how fortunate we are to have the world's reserve currency, bc that shit might not be the case for that much longer:ugh2:

we absolutely will not be. enough wealth was transferred to china. they have the real control here. we're gona implode on our own then china will take over as the world leader.

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
werd.gif

The dollar is way too strong right now. It's absolutely destroying emerging markets. Dollar will remain reserve currency for awhile and then probably we have a two headed monster. China will try to get something off the ground at some point by courting EMs and Africa.
China won't take over the world though. It'll likely wind up with less free economic system with the West and Japan and a couple others working within the same system and then China and others working within the same system.

intro_vert13

fuck them kids
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
The dollar is way too strong right now. It's absolutely destroying emerging markets. Dollar will remain reserve currency for awhile and then probably we have a two headed monster. China will try to get something off the ground at some point by courting EMs and Africa.
China won't take over the world though. It'll likely wind up with less free economic system with the West and Japan and a couple others working within the same system and then China and others working within the same system.
easy there Orwell
jk

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022