RIP US Economy v. We shrinking

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
only thing I see being an issue is if tech bros are laid off in spades and form a niche section of unemployment
The biggest upside to the recession was not having to see all the "How I reached 7 figures of net worth" threads in /r/financialindependence, when the post was "Dad paid for Stanford, then I got a job at FAANG, and the market is up 40% since I started investing."

Manthrax

Jan 1, 2007
Merryland
wasnt there a thread where some absolute buffoon was trying to figure out the email he was gona send his extended family about it
Was it that thread or a "what's your net worth" where people were calling BS on TS for his claim of cash and he posted a screenshot of one of his accounts and proceeded to have a full melt?

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
The biggest upside to the recession was not having to see all the "How I reached 7 figures of net worth" threads in /r/financialindependence, when the post was "Dad paid for Stanford, then I got a job at FAANG, and the market is up 40% since I started investing."
i'm 27 and i'm burnt out from working, it's been 5 years of being a codemonkey and i've only accrued $3 million in stock options, should i retire?

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
i'm 27 and i'm burnt out from working, it's been 5 years of being a codemonkey and i've only accrued $3 million in stock options, should i retire?
yeah, these guys have no purpose in life but think that if they can stop working at age 30 and live on lentils and kombucha, they can achieve zen.

intro_vert13

fuck them kids
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
an offshore haven somewhere

gimpshiznit

Totally not Larry
Aug 9, 2003
Twin Shitties
Man…these people really deserve a reality check for expecting to make this much money:

The salaries of Fast Food Workers in the US range from $16,570 to $30,013 , with a median salary of $22,421 . The middle 57% of Fast Food Workers makes between $22,446 and $24,725, with the top 86% making $30,013.

Hoodoo

Jan 13, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Reality check is coming for the people that think they deserve 25 dollars an hour to say would you like fry’s with that.

I used to think that about minimum wage jobs until I realized even if they gave me my current salary, I wouldn’t even work those jobs.

As a side not, I think all fast should go extinct.

The people who are going to get a reality check are the people that think they deserve 100k to shuffle emails from home.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022