RIP US Economy v. We shrinking

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
I used to think that about minimum wage jobs until I realized even if they gave me my current salary, I wouldn’t even work those jobs.

As a side not, I think all fast should go extinct.

The people who are going to get a reality check are the people that think they deserve 100k to shuffle emails from home.
yea they will have to start going back to the office

• Haha
Reactions: Dusty Busterson

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
So long as we're thinking of the shareholder profits. That's what's important.
B5-lDJWCUAAwfya.jpg

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
Job gains for May and June were also revised upwards by a total of 28,000 jobs, while the unemployment rate fell to 3.5%, matching its lowest level in decades.

The uptick in job growth surprised analysts who had expected a slowdown. The U.S. economy has now replaced all of the jobs that were lost in the early months of the pandemic.

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas
That's an opinion article.

yes, but "increased wages have never lead to inflation in the past" is objectively false

i've heard lots of arguments on both sides that it could happen in this inflationary period, and i personally don't think US workers have sufficient power to increase their wages enough to cause that issue again.

but it has happened in the past, and at least some experts think it's a possibility.

jelloslug

OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Greenville, SC
yes, but "increased wages have never lead to inflation in the past" is objectively false

i've heard lots of arguments on both sides that it could happen in this inflationary period, and i personally don't think US workers have sufficient power to increase their wages enough to cause that issue again.

but it has happened in the past, and at least some experts think it's a possibility.
Your evidence that it’s false is not evidence.

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey
but doesn't low unemployment drive up wages which continues the inflation spiral? :noes:
I was blown away by this post in response to the jobs announcement. Republicans are saying wages are down, but I don't get their angle posting this because I haven't seen any policies in the last 20 year from them to improve wages.

Last edited:

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas
Are you seriously trying to argue that the stagflation of the late 70s was caused by high wages?

no, i'm trying to point out there is lots of evidence of a wage-price spiral in the US in the 1970s

you made an absolute claim that is objectively false, and now you're all defensive or some shit :rofl:

it's ok to be wrong :hug:

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Increased wages have never lead to inflation in the past. It always leads to increased spending which in turn, leads to economic growth.
If there is a shortage of employment, then wages have to go up to attract employees. Wages and costs go up, so prices go up. Wages go up, but their costs of goods also go up, so what is the impact on real wages? It's flat. A scenario like this that we're in now can certainly be inflationary.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022