OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL

213dvfs.png

Nickelback

Show Ignored Content
Aug 6, 2002
Market getting crushed.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics released its August Consumer Price Index (CPI)which showed prices rose 8.3% over the prior year and 0.1% over the prior month.

Economists had expected an 8.1% increase in inflation over last year and a decline of 0.1% over the prior month. This reading marks the second-straight moderation in prices from four-decade highs reached earlier this year, but with a smaller-than-expected decline investors now expect the Federal Reserve to raise interest rates by 0.75% at its policy meeting next week.

Reactions: stevezissou

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV

Nickelback

Show Ignored Content
Aug 6, 2002
As someone that loves eating out I find myself completely disinterested as of late. Local Cafe charges $20 for a mediocre salad as an example. Even worse, it feels like the service quality has gone downhill as prices shot up. I can't be the only one that feels this way.

We definitely have limited the places we eat due to service. We usually stick with what we know or friend's restaurants.

Phil NJ

OT Supporter
Jun 15, 2003
Jersey Shore
As someone that loves eating out I find myself completely disinterested as of late. Local Cafe charges $20 for a mediocre salad as an example. Even worse, it feels like the service quality has gone downhill as prices shot up. I can't be the only one that feels this way.
We only eat out once every few weeks now. It costs a fortune to do so with 4 people.

Reactions: Muddy Waters

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Nope, you're not. Most places have gone through the roof. My wife and I went to Panera and spent almost $40 for two sandwiches and two smoothies. I was so blown away I told her we'll never shop there again. She agreed. It's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022