RIP US Economy v. We shrinking

Havsie

ROTARY BOYS
Jun 21, 2007
SOUTH Jersey
my company was forecasted to hire another 100+ people by the end of the year, and as of last month we're now on a hiring freeze including backfills

all of the competitors are also on hiring freezes as well, shit ain't good but the inflation reduction act said we're doing fine so we're fine :cool:

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
I believe the correct term is millennial

Ehh those are the kids getting screwed on houses. Granted not really kids anymore :rofl:

Actually houses will get very interesting. Lot of North East homes reaching point they need massive work or knock down rebuild. It’s hard to see homes dropping but the reality is majority of population can’t afford anymore in many parts of world. going ot be an interesting next 20 years for sure.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Ehh those are the kids getting screwed on houses. Granted not really kids anymore :rofl:

Actually houses will get very interesting. Lot of North East homes reaching point they need massive work or knock down rebuild. It’s hard to see homes dropping but the reality is majority of population can’t afford anymore in many parts of world. going ot be an interesting next 20 years for sure.
You don't think there will be a surplus once the boomers die?

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
You don't think there will be a surplus once the boomers die?

Boomer generation is very long (split into two in a lot of charts) they are already passing as it started in 46 but granted we are just starting. Thing is it’s. Complex question because some of them have moved to 55+ communities (super hot builder play right now) and so technically those houses are out there. But surplus. It’s tough to say I doubt it. Especially given how many homes are over 50+ years old in northeast and 75+ and even 100+

Zoning is the major issue with housing. ON the flip side I don’t se see how you can fix housing issue without destroying economy/wealth or we enter a future where houses stay flat and we try and balance without reducing wealth. It’s going to be a shitty problem in about 25 years.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
As someone that loves eating out I find myself completely disinterested as of late. Local Cafe charges $20 for a mediocre salad as an example. Even worse, it feels like the service quality has gone downhill as prices shot up. I can't be the only one that feels this way.

There's only a couple places that don't seem to have gone down the shitter in service quality here. Everywhere sucks. People don't give a fuck, orders are wrong, workers rude. Maybe they are overworked idk.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
There's only a couple places that don't seem to have gone down the shitter in service quality here. Everywhere sucks. People don't give a fuck, orders are wrong, workers rude. Maybe they are overworked idk.
Crazy that it's like this everywhere now. Covid totally changed everyone's attitude towards work imo, especially lower waged workers. And yeah, it's not everywhere that's gone downhill in service, but I'm at the point I'd rather not gamble after being burned so many times.

Ry-Ballz

This sucks, change the channel
Jan 10, 2001
Mexico
I've got a pretty important job, and the staffing and workload level is killing us. Mandatory 6 day weeks of rotating schedules.

Nobody gives a fuck about anything. ATC, pilots, our tech ops people. Shit is so fucked, and nobody cares, because nobody can do anything about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022