RIP US Economy v. We shrinking

Nickelback

Show Ignored Content
Aug 6, 2002
FctvPRTX0AAaSId

Mejnoon

May 6, 2000
Omaha, NE
Our favorite mexican place went from top quality, excellent food to re-used, spoiled food that made us sick on three different occasions.

We'll never go back, and that just sucks because they were soooooooo good.

Literally the first time I was up for 24 hours shitting and puking, the other times we both just had the shits. We figured the first time happened because the owner wasn't there. The other two times proved our theory wrong. :hsd:
Give them another chance once these supply chain issues are really ironed out.

I work with a lot of operators. Everyone is having trouble getting fresh items consistently right now and everyone is short staffed, literally everyone. Mom & pops are doing the best they can but they’re at a disadvantage because major suppliers give chains priority.

Reactions: intro_vert13

intro_vert13

fuck them kids
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
an offshore haven somewhere
Give them another chance once these supply chain issues are really ironed out.

I work with a lot of operators. Everyone is having trouble getting fresh items consistently right now and everyone is short staffed, literally everyone. Mom & pops are doing the best they can but they’re at a disadvantage because major suppliers give chains priority.
yes but when will Costco raise the price of their hotdog and rotisserie chicken :hmm:

• Haha
Reactions: Mejnoon

Mejnoon

May 6, 2000
Omaha, NE
Oh we are fucked.
Millennials are larger in population than boomers, gen x was very big too, and big gen z is getting into house buying range as well. And boomers will never die...

We are millions short of where we should be. In large part because of the boomer NIMBY refusal to allow more construction/infrastructure

Yup. This is a problem that is not going to just work itself out…we have to build our way out, and we’re simply not doing it.

Some people don’t wanna hear this but there is no mechanism by which the free market can solve this problem now. If home builders can’t bring homes to market at prices the market can absorb they just stop building. Affordability in the single family housing market is determined primarily by conforming mortgage DTI limits which were tightened substantially following the subprime crisis; demand doesn’t evaporate it just transfers to the rental market.

Rents will keep increasing and rates of home ownership will decline until we address the supply shortage. Avg rent as a share of income is around 30% in NYC, it’s substantially higher in many major cities around the world, as high as ~60% in Hong Kong. The institutional investor class knows this, they KNOW Americans can absorb much greater housing costs relative to income and they’re imposing that reality systemically.

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL

At this point I don’t really have a good grasp on how any company can logistically and financially deliver shitty Chineseium trinkets from Amazon to anywhere anytime with a 1-2 day expectation.

I’m retarded though so there’s that

Reactions: majesty

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
Yup. This is a problem that is not going to just work itself out…we have to build our way out, and we’re simply not doing it.

Some people don’t wanna hear this but there is no mechanism by which the free market can solve this problem now. If home builders can’t bring homes to market at prices the market can absorb they just stop building. Affordability in the single family housing market is determined primarily by conforming mortgage DTI limits which were tightened substantially following the subprime crisis; demand doesn’t evaporate it just transfers to the rental market.

Rents will keep increasing and rates of home ownership will decline until we address the supply shortage. Avg rent as a share of income is around 30% in NYC, it’s substantially higher in many major cities around the world, as high as ~60% in Hong Kong. The institutional investor class knows this, they KNOW Americans can absorb much greater housing costs relative to income and they’re imposing that reality systemically.

Even more true in the Northeast with the age of homes in a lot of our cities. I’ve been trying for 2 more rental properties myself and you still have to be quick to buy because of how fast they go - no slowing down here.

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
we still buy mcdonalds for our son occasionally as a treat. A few months ago they gave us a cheeseburger without meat. Literally cheese & a bun :rofl:

and those that say its wrong to bitch about bad service, I'm voting with my wallet by not eating out nearly as much anymore. My point was that enough people get fed up with bad service & high prices, it will cause the service industry to crumble (again). I used to work in the industry so I've always tipped well, even on bad service.
Went to pick up some tacos from a new Carniceria near me that's gotten good reviews and a fried recommended just last night.

Got shorted over half my order. The old Mexican lady that handed over the bag even read back the order. Looked like it was all there since there were several large containers that usually have several tacos each.

Nope, just one in each. And the tacos literally didn't have anything on them. Just two corn tortillas and some meat.

I'm so fucking tired of just shit service everywhere.

Diesel66

OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2005
Kc
At this point I don’t really have a good grasp on how any company can logistically and financially deliver shitty Chineseium trinkets from Amazon to anywhere anytime with a 1-2 day expectation.

I’m retarded though so there’s that
Most Amazon stuff comes from local warehouses so it's not that difficult. Usps accidently released a memo showing we were profiting off of Amazon even with sunday/ holiday deliveries

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Went to pick up some tacos from a new Carniceria near me that's gotten good reviews and a fried recommended just last night.

Got shorted over half my order. The old Mexican lady that handed over the bag even read back the order. Looked like it was all there since there were several large containers that usually have several tacos each.

Nope, just one in each. And the tacos literally didn't have anything on them. Just two corn tortillas and some meat.

I'm so fucking tired of just shit service everywhere.
you sound awfully entitled. those workers are being oppressed and its their right to royally fuck up your order. you should thank them and tip at least 20% next time
/s

intro_vert13

fuck them kids
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
an offshore haven somewhere

Mike00

Feb 11, 2005
pa
why are people talking about covid supply chain issues?

yesterday on 60 minutes they said the pandemic is over and covid is over, it's clearly not an issue anymore :scootin:

Covid supply chain is only impacted if China agrees no more covid. Or at least a large portion of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022