RIP US Economy v. We shrinking

thegooch

Jan 5, 2008
Im super curious.

You always talk shit about democratic states like California and New York making the wrong economical decisions. You think we should follow Mississippi and Alabama policies? Texas is probably the only exceptional where a more conservative economic policy actually produce a net output, but take out the oil industry and it probably be just as shitty as the rest of the red states.
Brand new Rivian plant in Georgia as well as new Hyundai EV plant in Georgia. Wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the South being right to work states and no stupid auto unions.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
Brand new Rivian plant in Georgia as well as new Hyundai EV plant in Georgia. Wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the South being right to work states and no stupid auto unions.
Likely has more to do with taxes versus union stuff

Reactions: amalgamas

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002

dont forget the super cheap labor

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
Im super curious.

You always talk shit about democratic states like California and New York making the wrong economical decisions. You think we should follow Mississippi and Alabama policies? Texas is probably the only exceptional where a more conservative economic policy actually produce a net output, but take out the oil industry and it probably be just as shitty as the rest of the red states.
Related: Texas, Florida, and Georgia are all top ten in GDP

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
I doubt this is true in aggregate. Consumer confidence is way down. Layoffs have already started, homes staying on the market longer, etc.
we'll see.

my problem has been availability of stuff.

I got plenty of stuff I want to buy - but its either so far out, why bother.. or just delayed availability to where i shelved it for now and will revisit

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas
shrinkflation has been an issue in the food industry for decades

the newest box of saltines we got at the store are no longer square so they can be smaller in one dimension, looks to be ~10% smaller

and the bread slices from the same brand are smaller too :noes:

we had both old ones and new ones at the same time so we could compare :wtc:

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
Yeah so welfare for corporations = make the state economy great?

How is that working out for red states again?

Reactions: majesty

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
:rofl: like I support growing the economy and supporting business but stomping on the working class ain't the way to do it

Reactions: majesty

Gaunt

blood for the blood god
OT Supporter
Apr 16, 2005
KC
Who could have foreseen that shutting down a bunch of businesses and then printing money and handing it out like candy would have had a negative effect on the economy?
The money handed to banks and corporations drawves the paltry amount given to people.

The FED started bond purchases (money printing) at the end of 2019.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
the newest box of saltines we got at the store are no longer square so they can be smaller in one dimension, looks to be ~10% smaller

on man cant wait to hear my dad bitch about this one, he gets super pissed about saltines for some reason. first they are somehow not salty enough anymore and then it was their availability due to supply chain issues

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal

1656518513196.png

• Sad
Reactions: 01ACRViper

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
on man cant wait to hear my dad bitch about this one, he gets super pissed about saltines for some reason. first they are somehow not salty enough anymore and then it was their availability due to supply chain issues
This is the most boomer thing ever. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022