RIP US Economy v. We shrinking

Mercennarius

Ultra Member
OT Supporter
Jun 25, 2009
the fed thought so too that is why they were slashing rates. but what do i kno

Again, you're attempting to reframe how this debate started. You stated my comment about THIS recession being government created was "not true", and that models were projecting a recession in Q1 2020 in 2019. That's false. Take the L.

The fed dropped rates to basically 0 once COVID hit, prior to that they were on a rate pause for the preceding 4 months.

r47RJt4.png

gimpshiznit

Totally not Larry
Aug 9, 2003
Twin Shitties
Again, you're attempting to reframe how this debate started. You stated my comment about THIS recession being government created was "not true", and that models were projecting a recession in Q1 2020 in 2019. That's false. Take the L.

The fed dropped rates to basically 0 once COVID hit, prior to that they were on a rate pause.

r47RJt4.png
Fed cut rates, employment peaked and the curve inverted because growth was strong. Got it lol

Uncle Phil

Nov 15, 2003
Bay Area, CA

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
the entire population of the earth could fit on the island of new Zealand if they lived in similar proximity as New york. by my calculations the human population can get to about 100x the current size before we have a problem with capacity
The land required to feed that population is waaaaaaaaaaaaayy bigger than New Zealand.

I remember reading somewhere years ago that if the Chinese are as much beef as Americans do per person, we’d need 1.5 more earths just for the livestock.

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
The land required to feed that population is waaaaaaaaaaaaayy bigger than New Zealand.

I remember reading somewhere years ago that if the Chinese are as much beef as Americans do per person, we’d need 1.5 more earths just for the livestock.

if we could get people to cut back on beef wed be in a much better situation but alas thats "gay"

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

there is an absolutely stunning amount of the US devoted to beef.

intro_vert13

fuck them kids
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
an offshore haven somewhere
I'm curious how much of the stimulus money actually saved people. It wasn't much per person and I don't feel like many were like oooh if I didn't get that $600 check I was going to be homeless.
a disgusting amount didn't go where it needed to. fraud on an unprecedented scale, yet the armchair economists will still blame the stimulus at large.

the cantillon effect at work

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
That's what California is doing to somehow fight inflation.

And it will make inflation worse
Isn't this a tax rebate? Meaning they're returning excess tax money collected back to tax payers--they're not creating new money out of thin air.

I'm pretty sure there's some law on the books in CA that requires it.

Reactions: AndyB

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022