RIP US Economy v. We shrinking

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
Isn't this a tax rebate? Meaning they're returning excess tax money collected back to tax payers--they're not creating new money out of thin air.

I'm pretty sure there's some law on the books in CA that requires it.

Yes, I even stated that shortly thereafter.

Reactions: hootpie

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
too many open jobs = demand higher than supply
demand higher than supply = higher inflation

And from my personal experience, businesses are purposely overstocking hard to find parts rn bc lead times are fucked and prices are rising every week. It's smart to have spares on hand bc if shit breaks it takes 8-12+ months to get a replacement. Total catch-22.
At least that's the case in my industry. I've heard some retail companies like amazon/target are overstocked.

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club
And from my personal experience, businesses are purposely overstocking hard to find parts rn bc lead times are fucked and prices are rising every week. It's smart to have spares on hand bc if shit breaks it takes 8-12+ months to get a replacement. Total catch-22.
At least that's the case in my industry. I've heard some retail companies like amazon/target are overstocked.

Not my stupid ass company. It's full steam ahead with every stupid project that they can come up with despite the fact that we're running out of parts like Panelviews or PF525s. I did a project a few months back where they wanted some older Square D starters replaced with new AB starters. This was done to free up room so a PF525 could be installed to run one blower. Since I've finished, they've ran that VFD at 60hz this entire time. We spent a bunch of money and wasted parts to do exactly what was already being done. :artshark:

• Support
Reactions: Hisma

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Not my stupid ass company. It's full steam ahead with every stupid project that they can come up with despite the fact that we're running out of parts like Panelviews or PF525s. I did a project a few months back where they wanted some older Square D starters replaced with new AB starters. This was done to free up room so a PF525 could be installed to run one blower. Since I've finished, they've ran that VFD at 60hz this entire time. We spent a bunch of money and wasted parts to do exactly what was already being done. :artshark:
Yeah automation industry is a joke rn. I'm supposed to be commissioning a project end of this year and we're still waiting to order parts that we know have 10+ month leadtimes. :ugh:
plcs, io modules, vfds, starters, everything on long-ass back-order. Resorting to alt source everything. Gonna be awesome maintaining a plant w/ hodge podge chinese knockoff IO and random vfds that are just whatever we could pull out of our ass at the time

thegooch

Jan 5, 2008
Yeah automation industry is a joke rn. I'm supposed to be commissioning a project end of this year and we're still waiting to order parts that we know have 10+ month leadtimes. :ugh:
plcs, io modules, vfds, starters, everything on long-ass back-order. Resorting to alt source everything. Gonna be awesome maintaining a plant w/ hodge podge chinese knockoff IO and random vfds that are just whatever we could pull out of our ass at the time
It's fucking scary. I'm lucky that what I sell is pretty easily manufactured. But trying to source Euchner, Fortress, AB etc safety switches is 8-12 months out

Reactions: Hisma

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club

Yea- eff that. Good luck with that nightmare. :rofl:

cbpage

Lord and Savior
OT Supporter
May 19, 2009
L I N K B O Y Z VIP Club
It's fucking scary. I'm lucky that what I sell is pretty easily manufactured. But trying to source Euchner, Fortress, AB etc safety switches is 8-12 months out

I don't see how this gets better anytime soon. The demand to maintain facilities that are already in place plus the increased demand from new facilities being built. It's going to be interesting to see if companies leave a machine down due to a lack of something like a safety switch or if they just start bypassing shit.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
9.1% inflation as of this morning.

Dassa yikes :yikes:
60221051-11009825-image-a-1_1657716764771.jpg

BIGLY yikes!

Reactions: Scottwax

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022