GAME Rock Band 3 crew

PSUPef2K

#Elite member
Oct 14, 2000
I finally got around to playing this, as it's been a while since I've played rock band at all....

:bowdown:

Except for the fact I can't import my RB2 songs because it keeps telling me "Sorry there was a problem with token redemption"

:mad:

juvental604

I like to pee upside down
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2006
I have been playing it for almost a year now. Great game. Mostly play pro guitar on hard.

I got all the DLC with the jtag. Its the main reason I got the jtag

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
im a rock band junkie also. i still play it once a week usually when some new songs come out or i get bored. i get together with friends from time to time to play some full band action.

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
shit, pro would own me. I usually do medium for guitar and occasionally will try hard, but usually get raped :hs:

I guess the best way to practice is no fail mode?

i learned by just playing alot. dont get stuck perfecting one difficulty like medium or less. keep moving up and making yourself use all the keys. fight your way through hard and once you do, it gets alot easier. gotta learn that dreaded orange key :rofl:

TS
TS
PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K

#Elite member
Oct 14, 2000
i learned by just playing alot. dont get stuck perfecting one difficulty like medium or less. keep moving up and making yourself use all the keys. fight your way through hard and once you do, it gets alot easier. gotta learn that dreaded orange key :rofl:

on medium it pops into play on some times, and causes me to usually mess up my finger placement and then miss notes for a good 3-4 seconds before I get them back inline :hs:

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
on medium it pops into play on some times, and causes me to usually mess up my finger placement and then miss notes for a good 3-4 seconds before I get them back inline :hs:

:rofl: yeah ive been there, shit was ugly at first, id be like, fuck yeah i hit that orange note!!! but then id miss the next like 10 other colors :sad2:

juvental604

I like to pee upside down
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2006
shit, pro would own me. I usually do medium for guitar and occasionally will try hard, but usually get raped :hs:

I guess the best way to practice is no fail mode?

i leave no fail mode on all the time now that i play pro mode. I find it a hassle to have to leave the menus and renter the song and play from the beginning every time. If I want to just replay the part im failing on I would go to practice. The idea is to eliminate frustrations and make it fun.

I think the best way to get better is to just keep playing. I started on easy pro mode and played the first few easy songs then started medium and played the first few songs then started hard and now can 3 star most songs after a few times of practicing them.

Theres definitely more practice involved on pro but its so much more rewarding in the end. But yeah I would atleast get to hard on the regular guitar first.

Dont get stuck playing nightmare songs just go to the next difficulty and start from the bottom. Hard is so much better for developing the orange note.
The easiest way for me to start playing orange is to leave my pinky on it all the time and to play the red and green note by swwitching my index finger between them. Later on you will need to slide your whole hand in harder songs but its a good way to start.

Last edited:

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
The easiest way for me to start playing orange is to leave my pinky on it all the time and to play the red and green note by swwitching my index finger between them. Later on you will need to slide your whole hand in harder songs but its a good way to start.

this is how i play still to this day :rofl: i do a full hand shift from time to time, but i mainly just move back and forth between notes with index like you said.

TS
TS
PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K

#Elite member
Oct 14, 2000
EA emailed me yet another code to try to import my Rb2 songs. IB it doesn't work.

Barkode

Dec 17, 2003
Pittsburgh
I learned by playing Guitar Hero. They would over complicate shit even on Hard so when I moved to Rock Band I could do Expert straight away pretty much.

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
I learned by playing Guitar Hero. They would over complicate shit even on Hard so when I moved to Rock Band I could do Expert straight away pretty much.

i also played alot of guitar hero, shit was stupid since they put so many notes in a song when there shouldnt have been that many. it also was wayyyy to easy to hit hammer ons and pull offs in those. you had like a 1-2 second window to hit the button sometimes :rofl: shit sucks

Barkode

Dec 17, 2003
Pittsburgh
i also played alot of guitar hero, shit was stupid since they put so many notes in a song when there shouldnt have been that many. it also was wayyyy to easy to hit hammer ons and pull offs in those. you had like a 1-2 second window to hit the button sometimes :rofl: shit sucks
you need to get rb3 for ps3 nig nog

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
ive really probably got like 60-70% of it, ive started cutting back in the last like 6 months and really only get shit i actually like. before that i was getting every weeks dlc as long as it wasnt rap or country.

TS
TS
PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K

#Elite member
Oct 14, 2000
ive really probably got like 60-70% of it, ive started cutting back in the last like 6 months and really only get shit i actually like. before that i was getting every weeks dlc as long as it wasnt rap or country.

some of the country songs are fun :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec