FIT rotator cuff injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

coke zero

Jun 1, 2011
feels like tendonitis where the lower part of the infraspinatus ties into the scapula. I'm going to set up an appointment with a physical therapist but I'm wondering if I can do anything to help it feel better right now that ya'll might know of. Will be icing asap.

nosaj

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
feels like tendonitis where the lower part of the infraspinatus ties into the scapula. I'm going to set up an appointment with a physical therapist but I'm wondering if I can do anything to help it feel better right now that ya'll might know of. Will be icing asap.

Ice helps alot. You need to get it checked out. I jacked up my rotator cuff and I didnt really think it was too bad. Xrays showed nothing and I waited a month to get it checked out. Damm thing was detached. Four weeks of not being ale to use my right arm. then on to 5 hours a day in a dam CPM chair and PT for four months.

Uglybob69

I miss beer.
Sep 17, 2006
Cincinnati, OH
Ice helps alot. You need to get it checked out. I jacked up my rotator cuff and I didnt really think it was too bad. Xrays showed nothing and I waited a month to get it checked out. Damm thing was detached. Four weeks of not being ale to use my right arm. then on to 5 hours a day in a dam CPM chair and PT for four months.

this scares the living shit out of me

Did you have bad pain initially? Mine is pretty much killing but when I injured it, it barely hurt. I didn't even realize something was wrong 'till the next day.

TS
TS
coke zero

coke zero

Jun 1, 2011
thx doods

I took a week off from upper body and went back into it slowly over the last few days. Right now I can do everything normally with no pain at all except facepulls or pullaparts. medium-heavy bench/overheads, chins, rows, etc have not bothered it over the last two upper body workouts.
If the pain comes back despite taking the next few weeks off of bothersome exercises and decreasing overall intensity then I will definitely see a PT. Since I'm pain-free now I'm slowly working on some new shoulder mobility exercises from Ceaze's stickied thread in addition to my usual thoracic mobility routine.

What caused the flare up in the first place was doing a ton of back volume and heavy pressing in the same workout because I didn't decrease the intensity of my routine after increasing training frequency from 3 days to 4. I think the lack of recovery was a huge factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan