GUN ruger mk ii rebuilds and feelme-- i mean feeler

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dr_jerkvorkian, May 1, 2006.

1. dr_jerkvorkian

dr_jerkvorkian New Member

hay, just curious if anyone else is into these classics. i tried to polish half of a bull barrel over the weekend and got a little scuff on the half i didn't want polished, then i wondered if these barrels are interchangeable because i saw pictures of replacement barrels including threading which seem to thread directly onto the front of the bolt receiver/chamber.
    here's one on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/RUGER-22-MARK-I-II-STAINLESS-BARREL-4-3-4_W0QQitemZ7237891961QQcategoryZ73945QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    :wavey:
    oh. my question is ... has anyone replaced only the barrel and kept the bolt receiver/chamber?? i havn't attempted unthreading the barrel yet (didn't even cross my mind until a few minutes ago actually, and unfortunately my piece is not here.)

2. dr_jerkvorkian

hmmm noone? really?
    they really aren't that bad... they are really big and heavy and ugly, but they are so basic-- they are amoung the most popularly customized for silencers i hear, due to the low blowback, heavy weight, and quiet operation
    [​IMG]
    the google link said the silencer is built onto this barrel (fully custom barrel/reciever, or b.s.!)

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

http://www.gem-tech.com/OASIS.html

4. dr_jerkvorkian

sweet! hot damn, that's expensive... thanks for the link tho, i'm feeling inspired...

5. int3rnal

int3rnal Active Member

If you buy a gun like that, do you still have to go through the tax stamp and atf forms?\

Edit: n/m i thought they were selling the gun equipped with the suppressor

6. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Damn rugers are ugly :o was at gunstore today was going to fingerfuck a p22 but they didn't have any in stock, had the ruger just didnt appeal to me at all.

8. dr_jerkvorkian

yeah dude, they are big and ugly. heavy as fuck, you could pistol whip andre the giant in no time flat if he was stil alive, god bless his little soul.

i think that $695 oasis is just the barrel/reciever!!! that's like 2 or 3 times the cost of a new mkIII

i don't think these kind of rugers are meant to be a buy and blast gun, because they suck as they are. they're as basic as you can get for a gun. ya gotta customize them to get the most out of them --the stock grips suck, for example, and the controls are kinda annoying, but you can pretty much replace anything on it from another mark (i-iii) ruger (+ a bunch of accessories/bolt on alterations available)

9. dr_jerkvorkian

10. dr_jerkvorkian

11. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Rugers are durable, reliable, and comfortable to shoot. Don't listen to the e-haters.

Or you can buy a walther......that looks and feels like something you'd find on the toy isle at walmart.

12. dr_jerkvorkian

damn, just saw your ruger on the post pics page! lookin nice, is that a mk iii 22/45? how heavy is that gun w/ that barrel? i'm looking at those pac-lite barrels in around that size (thanks shaggy!! looks like i won't bother with a walther if i can switch the ruger up to a lighter barrel!!)

13. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Yeah it's a mkIII 22/45, I'm looking at getting a paclite for it as well.....but it's a good chunk of change for a gun that's already accurate as hell.

14. dr_jerkvorkian

yah i know what u mean, i really want this one:

[​IMG]
    but $245 for the barrel is more than i spent on the gun

15. dr_jerkvorkian

this is what mine looks like, btw:
    [​IMG]
    the front half of the barrel is polished steel now tho. i think i may want to take down the barrel a little bit in a lathe tho... i dunno, i think i may get that 4.5" paclite non-threaded barrel for $190 or whatever it is.. i just need to lighten it up, 5.5" bull barrel is pretty damn heavy...

16. dr_jerkvorkian

17. dr_jerkvorkian