Rules updates: Doxxing, bad fellowship, and negativity

peakhead

@Chuckfinley, give me my likes back pls
Mar 3, 2005
grammar police
What about referencing pics/content that OTers offer up themselves?

Ex: I post my pic in a PYP thread, someone posts it in a different thread trying to fuck with me
oh c'mon man...aren't we taking this a bit far. if you don't want your pic on all of OT...don't post your pic on OT. the very reason people come here is because it's a community...meaning you recognize people...sometimes you recognize people from *gasp* other threads. it's the whole point of having a message board with more than one thread

Reactions: Lil Nas X

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
oh c'mon man...aren't we taking this a bit far. if you don't want your pic on all of OT...don't post your pic on OT. the very reason people come here is because it's a community...meaning you recognize people...sometimes you recognize people from *gasp* other threads. it's the whole point of having a message board with more than one thread
I agree.

I'm not actually worried about any of this for myself. I just asked to gain further clarification because it was rather ambiguous in the first post.

UnaBomber

Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe
OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
if you don't want your pic on all of OT...don't post your pic on OT. d

this is exactly why OT is dead and why im ok with the rules
people shouldnt have to worry about some asshole using pics against them in the future. That shit is so fucking childish

Reactions: RazoR

haze

Money printer go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OT Supporter
Oct 3, 2004
¯\(ツ)/¯
TFW you make a thread trying to curb constant trolling and shitposting and the exact people you're talking about arrive in your thread to troll and shitpost for 27 pages
12giphy.gif

peakhead

@Chuckfinley, give me my likes back pls
Mar 3, 2005
grammar police
this is exactly why OT is dead and why im ok with the rules
people shouldnt have to worry about some asshole using pics against them in the future. That shit is so fucking childish
if you post your pic on a website...why would you then complain later about it being used on that same damn website!! have some foresight people. don't post your pic...OR realize that it may come back in the future and if it does the person may or may not be bant

GT40 MK IV

Made you look
Jan 11, 2012
Le Mans, France
if you post your pic on a website...why would you then complain later about it being used on that same damn website!! have some foresight people. don't post your pic...OR realize that it may come back in the future and if it does the person may or may not be bant

What about those cases where you never post a picture to begin with, an OT'er somehow finds your picture and posts it without both your knowledge and consent? I've had that happen to me on OT.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
What about those cases where you never post a picture to begin with, an OT'er somehow finds your picture and posts it without both your knowledge and consent? I've had that happen to me on OT.
imo if a user requests that a pic of them not be posted, that should be enforced
but to do it the other way and make it so a user has to approve :rofl:

GT40 MK IV

Made you look
Jan 11, 2012
Le Mans, France
that sounds rather fucked up:dunno: bring RL to OT imo

It happened to me and I had to go through a rather convoluted process to prove it was me. As a result of this previous experience, I fully support this rule. The only people losing their shit are those are extremely likely to get banned for not respecting this rule.

UnaBomber

Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe
OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
if your a vindictive cunt that posts other peoples picture for e-fame then i hope you get banned

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448