Rules updates: Doxxing, bad fellowship, and negativity

peakhead

@Chuckfinley, give me my likes back pls
Mar 3, 2005
grammar police
I've never once done that. Check my $tat$. But I think all of the mods pretending like it hasn't created some of the funniest/most iconic moments on this site is hilarious. And once again, shortsighted. Everyone knows whatever they post in a main forum thread is free range. Why change that? The forum moves at a snails pace compared to how it once did, and now there's no chance for a douche canoe 2017. Very unfortunate.
what does the forum moving at a snails pace have to do with anything? you think removing rules will bring it back to the glory days? you want to make OT great again? you know that people grew up and had kids and families...iphones are a thing now...so is instagram and snapchat and twitter. people have other places to go for online entertainment...things can't and won't stay the same..change sucks man.

in conclusion, it's just the internet. calm down. OT can still be funny without us needing to ruin people's self esteem / lives just for kicks. there are real people on the other end of that keyboard

Babylon

i'm tired, i'm freezing, i'm dumb
Dec 27, 2007
what does the forum moving at a snails pace have to do with anything? you think removing rules will bring it back to the glory days? you want to make OT great again? you know that people grew up and had kids and families...iphones are a thing now...so is instagram and snapchat and twitter. people have other places to go for online entertainment...things can't and won't stay the same..change sucks man.

in conclusion, it's just the internet. calm down. OT can still be funny without us needing to ruin people's self esteem / lives just for kicks. there are real people on the other end of that keyboard
lol

Reactions: Lil Nas X

CygnusX1

I doubt it
Jun 11, 2001
FL
So what is the rule on pictures of non-people shit, like dog pics and car pics and possesions? Is jason's gaming chair now off limits?

CygnusX1

I doubt it
Jun 11, 2001
FL
Those are fine so long as things like license plates are blacked out, addresses on mailboxes blacked out, names of businesses obscured, etc.

works for me then. personal pics are way too low hanging of a fruit anyway. just as long as we can still call each other assholes and not have to pretend to respect each others' opinions.

FutureMan

On the rights of your wealth, I disagree
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
Liberal Enclave of Darien, CT
Those are fine so long as things like license plates are blacked out, addresses on mailboxes blacked out, names of businesses obscured, etc.
By the way, really good job allowing Pvt Joker to continue posting here despite all the shit he's done

Really shows your commitment to the new kinder safer OT.

You sure know how to set an example

TS
TS
Emfuser

Emfuser

Ghost of OT Past
OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2002
Irmo, SC
By the way, really good job allowing Pvt Joker to continue posting here despite all the shit he's done

Really shows your commitment to the new kinder safer OT.

You sure know how to set an example

I personally disagreed with unbanning him but it wasn't my call.

OneTwo

me>you
OT Supporter
Aug 22, 2004
I love these rules, much needed to stop the few sucklifes.

BUT

The rule about not being able to post someone else's picture/photoshop it unless you have "permission" is flat out retarded. If you post a picture IN THE MAIN, then it is basically 100% public. If someone uses that picture and constantly spams it in other threads or follows that person around posting it..etc... THEN they should get a ban(warning first) for acting like a dickhead.

FutureMan

On the rights of your wealth, I disagree
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
Liberal Enclave of Darien, CT
I love these rules, much needed to stop the few sucklifes.

BUT

The rule about not being able to post someone else's picture/photoshop it unless you have "permission" is flat out retarded. If you post a picture IN THE MAIN, then it is basically 100% public. If someone uses that picture and constantly spams it in other threads or follows that person around posting it..etc... THEN they should get a ban(warning first) for acting like a dickhead.
And if you obtain information about someone's home or office you should absolutely fuck with their business and customers because if you buy a lifetime sub you can just come back like it never happened

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor