CREW Running CREW v9

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
You may want to revisit your shoes and consider a better cushioned shoe that’s appropriate for how you run. I need a neutral cushioned shoe so most nikes are a non-starter but once I found my brooks they’ve been a game changer

All good there. Just bought some NB 880s

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
All good there. Just bought some NB 880s
have you been to a running store that has given you an assessment of how you run and what type of shoes you need? I overpronate pretty badly for example so I’m stuck with support shoes only (right now I’m swapping between brooks adrenaline 20s and 21s), if I use neutral cushion shoes like the racing flats I really prefer then I injure myself

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
have you been to a running store that has given you an assessment of how you run and what type of shoes you need? I overpronate pretty badly for example so I’m stuck with support shoes only (right now I’m swapping between brooks adrenaline 20s and 21s), if I use neutral cushion shoes like the racing flats I really prefer then I injure myself

I did. Was expecting them to more technical. Recommended support style.Shoes aren't the problem I just need to get my weight down. ( as I scarf christmas dessert)

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Went to see a friend run a marathon today. He was trying to qualify for Boston, did a 3:29 in the 50-54 age group. Boston marathon qualifying time says 3:25 on their site for that AG, but I think he thinks it’s 3:35 because he is saying he qualified :hmm:

also, pet peeve: people who post race reports on FB and every single race is “brutal conditions”. This is a freaking pancake flat course. Temps were in the 40’s at the start and never got above 60. Overcast most of the day, and humidity wasn’t that bad. The ONLY sort of negative was they were running into a bit of a headwind the whole race (point to point race). And personally, I don’t mind a bit of a headwind because it helps cool me off. Other than that, it was essentially a perfect day.

Nom

I'm the Golden God
OT Supporter
Sep 10, 2003
Went to see a friend run a marathon today. He was trying to qualify for Boston, did a 3:29 in the 50-54 age group. Boston marathon qualifying time says 3:25 on their site for that AG, but I think he thinks it’s 3:35 because he is saying he qualified :hmm:

also, pet peeve: people who post race reports on FB and every single race is “brutal conditions”. This is a freaking pancake flat course. Temps were in the 40’s at the start and never got above 60. Overcast most of the day, and humidity wasn’t that bad. The ONLY sort of negative was they were running into a bit of a headwind the whole race (point to point race). And personally, I don’t mind a bit of a headwind because it helps cool me off. Other than that, it was essentially a perfect day.
im such a fat piece of shit. did 7 miles at 10:20 today. Fucking 50 doing what 8:00 pace. rofl

• Haha
Reactions: Wolf and saabguy

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
im such a fat piece of shit. did 7 miles at 10:20 today. Fucking 50 doing what 8:00 pace. rofl
I was expecting him to do better. He trains his ass off and puts in the work. And usually he shits the bed on race day. For one reason or another. It sucks because he’s never had a “great” race. This time, he said at mile 18 he started getting cramps. He said because of the headwind he had to “lean forward” more than usual and that made the sides of his calves start to cramp (wtf?). And he was drinking pickle juice to help, which it did, until he ran out. His training data is always better than mine, but I usually beat him in races.

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
It was 20* for my lunch time 3 mile run. I might have to find something to cover my face it if gets much cold (it will).

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
Ran 4 miles today. Longest I've even ran in one shot before. No clue on time. Just one miserable step at a time.

Side note, starting using my e-collar again for the dog. I had used it some previously but got lazy with it. It is amazing how fast that fine tunes behavior.

mollywhop

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Ran 4 miles today. Longest I've even ran in one shot before. No clue on time. Just one miserable step at a time.

Side note, starting using my e-collar again for the dog. I had used it some previously but got lazy with it. It is amazing how fast that fine tunes behavior.
Fuck yeah nice man

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
If you find a better option than a gaiter lmk I like it but it does get wet and gross quick when it’s really cold
I usually end up pulling it down half way through the run because of the wet and gross. Sometimes I can feel it freezing inside the gaiter, lol, ick. I gotta find something though cause its going to be single digits around here soon.

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
Probably going to try something like below. I haven't had an issued with my head getting cold yet, although I'm sure at some point I'll want to start wearing a hat. I just hate that feeling of everything starting to overheat because your head is on fire. I need to find better gloves, or a second set to go over my first set too.

Maybe something like this:
TkgcsTQ.jpg

Or this:
A91XRc6.jpg

Reactions: Nom

mollywhop

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Probably going to try something like below. I haven't had an issued with my head getting cold yet, although I'm sure at some point I'll want to start wearing a hat. I just hate that feeling of everything starting to overheat because your head is on fire. I need to find better gloves, or a second set to go over my first set too.

TkgcsTQ.jpg

Or this:
A91XRc6.jpg
Damn I thought I already look like a ninja now I want to grab that looks dope tbh

• Haha
Reactions: Wolf and Fanya

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco

TkgcsTQ.jpg

Or this:
A91XRc6.jpg

go out running dressed as Black Noir :bowdown:

• Haha
Reactions: Fanya

TheRider

Geeky
OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2002
San Diego
Got foot surgery a few weeks ago. Finally got both stitches and stupid metal pin that was sticking out of my toe pulled! 2 more weeks in surgical boot and then I can wear shoes and get back to running. Been so long. Maybe another 12 or 24 hour run next year if I can get back to that shape

Reactions: mollywhop

mollywhop

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains

TkgcsTQ.jpg

Or this:
A91XRc6.jpg
did you buy these yet

I need to know which one to get, what I'm doing just isn't a long term solution

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74