CREW Running CREW v9

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
did you buy these yet

I need to know which one to get, what I'm doing just isn't a long term solution
I bought the top one, it might work I thought it was velcro on the back or something, it wasn't, just a slip over, it's slightly too big for me, I might modify it by cutting it and adding velcro or something.

I haven't used it though, not cold enough and the fog has been sick so haven't been running

Nom

I'm the Golden God
OT Supporter
Sep 10, 2003
Finished my Garmin training plan but wasn't able to finish my half marathon lol. Feet started to hurttoo much at 8 miles. Was pacing 10:45 but decided it wasn't worth doing more damage to my feet just to finish.

I blame it in being a giant pussy and not running as much in the last two months due to the cold and working more hours. Starting up a new plan in January with less days running during the week and manning up on cold days.

Overall I think I did good but was a little too ambitious and took too much time off in the end.

Reactions: saabguy

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I bought the top one, it might work I thought it was velcro on the back or something, it wasn't, just a slip over, it's slightly too big for me, I might modify it by cutting it and adding velcro or something.

I haven't used it though, not cold enough and the fog has been sick so haven't been running
I ended up getting a version of the one on the bottom, works fine but gets so hot and sweaty in there. I have a feeling I won't be using those much unless it's like single digit temps out

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Went for another hike. 6.72miles
Clockwise route. Came out to Star Hill Rd and was "where the hell am I?".
Luckily phone had service so I could check Google Maps.
Zigged when I should have zagged. :yikes:

Garmin:
hike.png

Strava:
strava.png

• Wow
Reactions: Epik High and Nom

nadroj

OT Supporter
Sep 2, 2004
Houston
what does everyone like for watches? starting to get an itch for more data on my jogs

dont want to spend 500 bucks but want hr, pace, maybe a map. dont really needgps mapping or music

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Felt out of shape from christmas but had no issues this time and instant recovery. Had no idea thc could fuck with your recovery. Makes run easier but you pay for it. Go figure.

Last edited:

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Went for another hike. 6.72miles
Clockwise route. Came out to Star Hill Rd and was "where the hell am I?".
Luckily phone had service so I could check Google Maps.
Zigged when I should have zagged. :yikes:

Garmin:
View attachment 91081

Strava:
View attachment 91082

I’ve been hiking Foothills Park in the Palo Alto hills now that it’s open to non-PA residences. It’s a one way path which is great for social distancing:

ztdfZcu.jpg

Nom

I'm the Golden God
OT Supporter
Sep 10, 2003
what does everyone like for watches? starting to get an itch for more data on my jogs

dont want to spend 500 bucks but want hr, pace, maybe a map. dont really needgps mapping or music
I have a Garmin Instinct. Will do all that stuff and very reasonable price wise. Looks more like a Gshock instead of a slim smartwatch. My only advice would be if you really want HR find something that can link to a chest strap. Watch HR sensors can very quite a bit. Not really enough to make it a big deal but if you want to do HR training I wouldn't rely on the watch sensor unless you pay for some quality watches.

Nom

I'm the Golden God
OT Supporter
Sep 10, 2003
Been taking the last two months really easy due to the cold and just being a lazy piece of shit. Decided I want to get better and started a new Garmin training program to do a half marathon in 2 hours. Had to do a benchmark run and went overboard like I usually do. Ended up setting a new personal record. Not bad for running consistently in the last two months.

Last record was also running down a really steep hill. Todays run was pretty flat with a slight downhill/uphill section.

Capture.JPG

mollywhop

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Been taking the last two months really easy due to the cold and just being a lazy piece of shit. Decided I want to get better and started a new Garmin training program to do a half marathon in 2 hours. Had to do a benchmark run and went overboard like I usually do. Ended up setting a new personal record. Not bad for running consistently in the last two months.

Last record was also running down a really steep hill. Todays run was pretty flat with a slight downhill/uphill section.

View attachment 92198
If you’re not fighting 1200 ft hills every time is it even running

• Angry
Reactions: Fanya and saabguy

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Been working on trying to keep a consistent 8min pace, without having to stop and walk.
Got a little too quick on mile 3, so ended up walking first 0.25 of mile 4. :hs:

Annotation 2021-01-03 120515.png

edit: whoa. Just realized the GPS/map alignment is about 0.5miles west of where it should be. :yikes:
Coyote Creek should be right down the middle of my route.

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
After spending most of 2019 training for a Feb 2020 marathon, I significantly scaled back my running in 2020.
Went from about 25 miles/week down to 15/week.

Annotation 2021-01-03 124025.png

Annotation 2021-01-03 123847.png

mollywhop

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
After spending most of 2019 training for a Feb 2020 marathon, I significantly scaled back my running in 2020.
Went from about 25 miles/week down to 15/week.

View attachment 92210

View attachment 92209
Is that MapMyRun? Where did you get to that screen? My mileage for this year is missing through February and the rest is split between Strava AllTrails and mapmyrun so I haven’t bothered adding it all up yet but curious what I did

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
Welp. My running partner has to be put down due to surgery complications on Monday. So on Friday I went out and got a new running partner. It'll be a while before we can actually run together though. This is my first puppy, my first shepherd was about 3 when I got her, the one that had to be put down was about 9 months when I got her. Should be an interesting adventure.

jzyC8Sm.jpg

Wolf

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Is that MapMyRun? Where did you get to that screen? My mileage for this year is missing through February and the rest is split between Strava AllTrails and mapmyrun so I haven’t bothered adding it all up yet but curious what I did
Yup, mapmyrun web app, not on phone.

Reactions: mollywhop

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor