CREW Running CREW v9

nadroj

OT Supporter
Sep 2, 2004
Houston
What’s the main idea in the plan

that one is has base plan, think it is to just get miles under your belt. i have been off since halloween and i am one of those guys that needs something laid out for them or i wont do it and will lay on the couch all day

Reactions: Nom

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
that one is has base plan, think it is to just get miles under your belt. i have been off since halloween and i am one of those guys that needs something laid out for them or i wont do it and will lay on the couch all day

I know a lot of people do the Hal Higdon plans, but goddamn that just looks like a recipe for injury.

Reactions: mollywhop

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
7 weeks into a hal higdon plan. still not in shape but i can make it through the runs without stopping. mile times range between 12 and 14min with a giant variation day to day. just got a watch and might have to give the cadence thing a shot. being less fat would be more beneficial than anything 2 yellow days were missed due to severe hangovers

20210127-232754-2.jpg
If you can train your body to keep a 180 cadence, you will be better off for it.

optimal cadence differs depending on the individual and bio-mechanics, but 180 is a good target to shoot for. Below 180 tends to promote her striking, which is bad for joints. And also it slows you down (think of the friction of your heel hitting the ground out in front of you, acting almost like a brake). But quicker lighter steps instead of long lumbering ones also helps promote blood flow through your legs so you can go longer and faster with less fatigue and cramping.

nadroj

OT Supporter
Sep 2, 2004
Houston
If you can train your body to keep a 180 cadence, you will be better off for it.

optimal cadence differs depending on the individual and bio-mechanics, but 180 is a good target to shoot for. Below 180 tends to promote her striking, which is bad for joints. And also it slows you down (think of the friction of your heel hitting the ground out in front of you, acting almost like a brake). But quicker lighter steps instead of long lumbering ones also helps promote blood flow through your legs so you can go longer and faster with less fatigue and cramping.

Looking back at the available runs, avg cadence is 160/165 and never even had a max cadence over 179 (only had the watch for 3 weeks). I tend to just start running, find a good pace and try to maintain. Might give me something to read up on

smithers

Twitter bot
OT Supporter
Nov 26, 2004
NJ/Chicago/Nashville

Hal higdon sucks for marathon training but is spectacular for beginners. Gets you used to 3+ days on your feet and builds consistency. Highly recommend sticking with that and working your way to 20-25 miles a week. Experiment with different shoes. Also the myrtl routine is life changing

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Looking back at the available runs, avg cadence is 160/165 and never even had a max cadence over 179 (only had the watch for 3 weeks). I tend to just start running, find a good pace and try to maintain. Might give me something to read up on
What do you want to read up on? I just told you, lol. Don’t overthink it. Just set up the metronome on your watch and use it to keep your cadence on track. I was usually in the 160-165 range until I started focusing on cadence with help from the metronome. The watch makes it pretty easy to adapt, and now it feels completely normal.

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Not sure how thats possible without completely covering your face. I went out at 0c and would get this headache and realized its from congestion in my sinuses getting cold and causing a headache.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Not sure how thats possible without completely covering your face. I went out at 0c and would get this headache and realized its from congestion in my sinuses getting cold and causing a headache.
I mean I cover my face when it’s below 30 and it helps a little bit but the cold air entering the lungs legit hurts when it gets closer to single digits. I have to imagine it gets even worse when you get below zero, which leads me back to holy shit, dude is a bad ass because I couldn’t imagine. If he was not running in some sort of full face mask then I don’t understand how he even pulled that off

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I was reminded that running in heavy winds and snow is actually not as fun as I remembered it yesterday. Caught a few fat wet flakes in the eyeball :o

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Started new Garmin program

Day 1 - 800 intervals
Day 2 - 30 second hill intervals
Day 3 - run 7 miles.

Did the 7 miles today and now my right leg is killing me. Calf/foot pain, should have stopped but I'm stupid so there's that. Now on pain pills and resting until Wednesday when we do it all over again.
800 intervals of what distance? :omg:
That's a lot of reps.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74