CREW Running CREW v9

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Started 4x4 interval training now that I've got the endurance. So without getting into a training plan, can you just do the HIIT for a certain period of time and switch back to endurance? Say alternating day to day?

From what I read they want you to do both the same day. Think alternating weekly would be good.

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
Started 4x4 interval training now that I've got the endurance. So without getting into a training plan, can you just do the HIIT for a certain period of time and switch back to endurance? Say alternating day to day?

From what I read they want you to do both the same day. Think alternating weekly would be good.
If you run a 5k every week day you can forget about the training plan really. Are you doing this for fitness or weight loss or training for a 10k?

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
So with interval training they specify about 80% of MHR which is 140 for 4 minutes then walk 3 minutes and try and settle HR to 110 range. For me I'm hardly pushing and I've only been able to get my HR down to 150's. Is that 140 more for athletic people? My 5k runs I'm usually 180s and I'm breaking a good sweat. I did check my garmin for accuracy on an actual HR monitor and its within a couple.

I sure am feeling an improvement though. Can take in more air and not feel like I'm pushing it.

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
So with interval training they specify about 80% of MHR which is 140 for 4 minutes then walk 3 minutes and try and settle HR to 110 range. For me I'm hardly pushing and I've only been able to get my HR down to 150's. Is that 140 more for athletic people? My 5k runs I'm usually 180s and I'm breaking a good sweat. I did check my garmin for accuracy on an actual HR monitor and its within a couple.

I sure am feeling an improvement though. Can take in more air and not feel like I'm pushing it.
Your aerobic capacity will improve as you exercise more and your heart rate will drop as a result. I wouldn't be too concerned about hitting the HRM targets and more focus staying active everyday and loosely following the program to the best of your ability. When I started I was redlining my heart rate on easy stuff so it's expected.

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
I did my normal daily 5k yesterday then joined a group for a track work out yesterday :rofl:

We did a 1.5 mile warm up then 6x600's followed by a 1.5 mile cool down. I got home and thought to myself - WHY? :rofl: Aside from the social aspect I'm happy with my fitness so may just join them for longer runs & trail runs.

Reactions: Wolf

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Your aerobic capacity will improve as you exercise more and your heart rate will drop as a result. I wouldn't be too concerned about hitting the HRM targets and more focus staying active everyday and loosely following the program to the best of your ability. When I started I was redlining my heart rate on easy stuff so it's expected.

That's true. So I wont eother with bpm. Seems to work well on garmin gives me the vibration alarm

Reactions: iLLt3ck

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1

Everyone’s heart rate is different, so don’t sweat it. Get an idea of what your “normal” HR is, and over time it should go down as fitness improves. I know people who can’t get HR above 120-130. As soon as I start lightly jogging I’m at 140+

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Everyone’s heart rate is different, so don’t sweat it. Get an idea of what your “normal” HR is, and over time it should go down as fitness improves. I know people who can’t get HR above 120-130. As soon as I start lightly jogging I’m at 140+
yeah I have to push hard to get above 160 even on the crazy hills out here. it really does change from person to person and as you get more experience

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary

Good point. I've been running low volume for about 7 years but I just haven't pushed hard. Also we only get 2 months of good running weather here.

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
got the min/m flipped. Its not good
Also why do you guys go from mins/mile pace and indicate distance run in kms?
Oh., 12:50 mins / mile. Gotcha. So you're not sprinting, it is just a jog. :nod:
Yeah, if you're in the 180bpm HR and sweating heavy at 12mins/mile, you're likely just out of shape. As you go on, it'll improve.

When I started out about 4 years ago, it took me about a month of running before I could even make it a mile. Then another month before I got that mile under 10mins.

TS
TS
OLBERTMAN

OLBERTMAN

;)
OT Supporter
Oct 12, 2005
North Carolina
My fat ass hasn’t run more than once a week in 2 months. Ten lbs later.

granted the 7 covid tests pneumonia and other shit should give me a pass :bert:

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Oh., 12:50 mins / mile. Gotcha. So you're not sprinting, it is just a jog. :nod:
Yeah, if you're in the 180bpm HR and sweating heavy at 12mins/mile, you're likely just out of shape. As you go on, it'll improve.

When I started out about 4 years ago, it took me about a month of running before I could even make it a mile. Then another month before I got that mile under 10mins.

Not to complicate matters but that was my interval average pace which included the walk Capture.JPG . If I take the average on the run sections they seem to be 10:30, which is probably still not good.

Reactions: Wolf

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74