CREW Running CREW v9

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Just curious, whats everyone weight/height? Not that you can gauge leg length but..

I'm at 212, 5'-8". Was killer on the knees but improving big time.

Edit: Well shit, 208 today so seeing something

Reactions: Wolf

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Been back in the gym lifting heavy for the past two months and now I completely enjoy the slower runs (10-11:30 min/mile pace) for 3-5 miles. I feel like I’m just cruising out there and my knees, Achilles, and shoulders are grateful. I used to thrash my arms out there and switched to some Hoka One One max cushion pillow shoes.

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Forgot about this, another reason why its pointless comparing.

I'm at 3600ft.

" Altitude also has a predictable effect on performance as the elevation increases. ... For every thousand feet of elevation increase above 1,000 feet above sea level, VO2 max max dropped by 1.9%. Additionally, time to exhaustion on a constant-speed treadmill run decreased by 4.4% per 1,000 feet of altitude. "

That and the route I take has a 750ft elevation change. 1.33 grade.

" Each 100 feet of climbing costs the best athletes a little less than 20 seconds. Marginal Boston qualifiers lose about 30 seconds, and 10-minute milers lose about 40 seconds/mile. "

Last edited:
Reactions: iLLt3ck

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
Been back in the gym lifting heavy for the past two months and now I completely enjoy the slower runs (10-11:30 min/mile pace) for 3-5 miles. I feel like I’m just cruising out there and my knees, Achilles, and shoulders are grateful. I used to thrash my arms out there and switched to some Hoka One One max cushion pillow shoes.
Clifton 7? Maverick? Which model?

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I know you didn’t ask me but while we’re on subject of hokas, I just copped some Arahi 5s and they’re amazingly soft and comfy rocket shoes but I’m getting some random pain that I think may be related unfortunately. I keep ending up back at my brooks adrenaline 20s no matter what direction I go. Only one left is maybe Clouds or some of those Topos maybe

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco

Clifton 7.

I previously ran in Nike Pegasus 6 trail runners and I did a shoe fitting for the first time in my life and discovered I have wide feet. My feet were bulging over the side of the soles.

The bulky soles of The Clifton 7 are weird to me, there’s a ton of room in the toe box, they are not as comfortable as UltraBoosts for walking, and I look like I’m wearing dad shoes...but for the first time ever I can comfortable jog with no ankle, Achilles, or knee pain. I can spread my feet/toes so I’m landing much more properly now. Now that I’m back into lifting, running is purely for fun so I appreciate them saving my legs for heavy lifts Later in the day.

I have yet to try any speed work but I just don’t feel like doing any sprints in these shoes. I may later buy something else if I want to get back into HIIT, or else I have 60 days remaining to replace these with something else...maybe a newer Pegasus, something with a more race and low profile. Or maybe the Maverick.

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
Clifton 7.

I previously ran in Nike Pegasus 6 trail runners and I did a shoe fitting for the first time in my life and discovered I have wide feet. My feet were bulging over the side of the soles.

The bulky soles of The Clifton 7 are weird to me, there’s a ton of room in the toe box, they are not as comfortable as UltraBoosts for walking, and I look like I’m wearing dad shoes...but for the first time ever I can comfortable jog with no ankle, Achilles, or knee pain. Now that I’m back into lifting, running is purely for fun so I appreciate them saving my legs for heavy lifts Later in the day.

I have yet to try any speed work but I just don’t feel like doing any sprints in these shoes. I may later buy something else if I want to get back into HIIT, or else I have 60 days remaining to replace these with something else...maybe a newer Pegasus, something with a more race and low profile. Or maybe the Maverick.
Glad to hear you found a shoe that works for you. You may consider checking out the Saucony Endorphin Speed or maybe a New Balance 1080v11 (they offer a thick cushioned sole and wider versions)

Reactions: Epik High

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
@Epik High the nb v10's are on sale in case you're interested

Bummer...I think the deal is done. I only see them listed for $120.

I tried on the Fresh Foams and preferred their fit, more of a "sock", but honestly I bought into the Hoka One One hype and had to try them. If I decide I don't like the Clifton 7's, I'll exchange for the 1080-V10's.

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Rode 2hr on the indoor trainer then ran 3mi race pace + 1 mi cool down. I thought my race pace (half marathon) would be about 8-8:15 but I was feeling good and legs wanted to go :dunno:

352996CD-F9B6-4833-B115-A96099E4BCE6.jpeg

Reactions: Nom

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
3100yd swimming
12mo running as 8x1mi repeats with 3min recovery

I have a race in 4 weeks in Florida so it’s going to be likely hot as balls. Trying to do some heat acclimation by sitting in a steam room after my workout. Holy fucknuggets. If you think time goes by slow on a treadmill, sit in a steam room after a 12mi run. I was going to do 45min. That turned into 30-45. Then I was trying to get to 20min. Then 15. At 10min I called it. It was miserable :rofl:

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
3100yd swimming

I have a race in 4 weeks in Florida so it’s going to be likely hot as balls. Trying to do some heat acclimation by sitting in a steam room after my workout. Holy fucknuggets. If you think time goes by slow on a treadmill, sit in a steam room after a 12mi run. I was going to do 45min. That turned into 30-45. Then I was trying to get to 20min. Then 15. At 10min I called it. It was miserable :rofl:
Steam room, cold shower, repeat.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
3100yd swimming

Seems like you should be doing it for a few minutes before as well if you want the real experience. Godspeed, fuck everything about doing any kind of race in Florida anytime other than maybe January

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Seems like you should be doing it for a few minutes before as well if you want the real experience. Godspeed, fuck everything about doing any kind of race in Florida anytime other than maybe January
Meh. I don’t want it to impair my workout. After a workout it’s supposed to help your heart pump more blood and help your body get better at shedding heat.

it just sucks :rofl: my avg HR just sitting there was 130.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor