CREW Running CREW v9

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
3100yd swimming
12mo running as 8x1mi repeats with 3min recovery

I have a race in 4 weeks in Florida so it’s going to be likely hot as balls. Trying to do some heat acclimation by sitting in a steam room after my workout. Holy fucknuggets. If you think time goes by slow on a treadmill, sit in a steam room after a 12mi run. I was going to do 45min. That turned into 30-45. Then I was trying to get to 20min. Then 15. At 10min I called it. It was miserable :rofl:
I don't get how people just chill in steam rooms it feels like torture for me :rofl:

Reactions: mollywhop

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Rode my bike today. Got cut short because I got a flat tire. Trying to change it, then noticed big shards of glass in the tire. So a new tube wasn’t going to help. Called for a ride.

got home, changed into running gear and went out. Felt like crap. 3mi in, I hit my regular u-turn spot. Stepped on some dirt with my inside leg as I was turning around. Wasn’t dirt. Was mud. Went down hard on my right side. Fuck everything about today.

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Race tomorrow morning. Ironman gulf coast 70.3. So the run portion is a half marathon at the end of a 56mi bike and 1.2mi ocean swim.

this is gonna be a wild card. I could surprise myself and pull off a decent run, or completely shit the bed. Plan on finishing the bike, racking it, slipping on my On shoes, grab my hat, sunglasses, race bib, salt, and a gel, and going as fast as I can until the wheels fall off. Will have 1 gel in hand to take immediately, and a gel flask that holds 2 gels to take every 45 min. I’ll take a lick of base salt every 1-2mi as needed. I’m expecting to be somewhere in the 1:50-1:59 range. The lower side of that, the happier I’ll be. If anyone wants to track me, download the Ironman tracker app and I’m bib 491

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Been running fairly consistently…3-4 miles a day, 4-5 times a week. Just enjoying the run and clearing my head, at a slow 11:00 mile….I don’t give a fuck, I don’t feel like training.

Also burying a 1000 calorie burrito afterwards is so satisfying…but as a result I’m not losing weight. Don’t care.

Anyone else run without any real training For improvement?

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
Been running fairly consistently…3-4 miles a day, 4-5 times a week. Just enjoying the run and clearing my head, at a slow 11:00 mile….I don’t give a fuck, I don’t feel like training.

Also burying a 1000 calorie burrito afterwards is so satisfying…but as a result I’m not losing weight. Don’t care.

I run a 5k every weekday and not in it for times although three months in I'm in great shape. Having a hard time keeping weight on these days and if I crave something then I eat it with no worries. Mostly use runs to iron out problems in life. Doesn't mean I won't race a motherfucker that just started his run and tries to pass me on mile 2 though :rofl:

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains

Hey man, whatever creams your Twinkie. If that’s what you enjoy and you are getting the mental health benefits that you would like out of it then more power to you. I spent probably a year at one point just running anywhere from 3 to 6 miles a day on random routes with no real planning at all hours of the day with absolutely no focus on additional training or nutrition, and I was probably happier than I’ve ever been in terms of just running alone. I’m guessing the slower you run the less risk of injuries as well although I don’t have any data necessarily to support that

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
Race tomorrow morning. Ironman gulf coast 70.3. So the run portion is a half marathon at the end of a 56mi bike and 1.2mi ocean swim.

this is gonna be a wild card. I could surprise myself and pull off a decent run, or completely shit the bed. Plan on finishing the bike, racking it, slipping on my On shoes, grab my hat, sunglasses, race bib, salt, and a gel, and going as fast as I can until the wheels fall off. Will have 1 gel in hand to take immediately, and a gel flask that holds 2 gels to take every 45 min. I’ll take a lick of base salt every 1-2mi as needed. I’m expecting to be somewhere in the 1:50-1:59 range. The lower side of that, the happier I’ll be. If anyone wants to track me, download the Ironman tracker app and I’m bib 491
1:52! Nice work @saabguy

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Haven't really looked into it alot but I mentioned before that my joints and sciatic nerve sure gets crazy well after run and unrelated to any impact. I think its the atrophy muscle shrinkage that happens. As the body cools down and starts relaxing again and reorganizes for running, it puts strain on my joints which I don't think is a bad thing.

Legs are shaping differently and can feel some loose skin in some areas like under arm.

Reactions: iLLt3ck

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
I hurt so bad right now. Very happy with the results. Couldn’t have asked for a better race.

considering I got fat and out of shape last year and just started training in january, anyway.
What was the toughest portion of the race and what are you going to eat to celebrate? How many calories did you burn like 2,500? :rofl:

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
What was the toughest portion of the race and what are you going to eat to celebrate? How many calories did you burn like 2,500? :rofl:
Garmin said over 3k, but I don’t know how accurate it is. The swim looked calm but it was rolling waves the whole time. I was getting motion sickness and dizzy it was that bad.

I was rolling on the bike. Only complaints there was having to stop at an intersection for an ambulance (25mph down to 0) and then having to wait for it to pass. And 2 cars that almost hit me and I had to lock up my brakes to keep from getting hit (24mph to 0, skidding sideways, burnt rubber smell).

as far as running goes, the first couple miles my ankles and shins were really stiff and hurt. I got a side stitch cramp on my right side, and around my back on that same side was cramping up. Probably from riding in race position for 56 miles. Eventually it went away, but the last 5-6 miles I was in the hurt locker for sure.

I took a coke from an aid station 2 miles from finish. It made me feel like wolf of Wall Street after he drags himself home from the country club and then does a bump of cocaine :rofl:

...for about 30 seconds...then back to being dead.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
My buddy had to tap out of his key west 100 miler yesterday at mile 69 and is beating himself up about it

this is a dude who won the fucking Iditarod and he still thinks he’s not good enough

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74