CREW Running CREW v9

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
Went to a store today to try on some Hokas... tried the Bandi and some other model the sales guy suggested (not Clifton). Didn't really like either. Ended up with a pair of Glycerin 19s to replace my Glycerin 18s. 😂 $167 for the same thing I already have.

Was kinda bummed that they were the shoes thst felt best. Was hoping for some miracle shoe, but I guess I already have my ideal. 😕
Brooks are solid. Love them. Trying Saucony Endorphin Speeds next.

nadroj

OT Supporter
Sep 2, 2004
Houston
Nice, yeah I see them on FleetFeet's site for $150. The Cliftons look good too. I guess the Bondi is the ultra cushioned and the Clifton is slightly less. :dunno:
May have to go to a store and try them on.

im 6'1" and a stomper, my fatass needs the ultra cushion

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
:hmm: $200 on Amazon. Are they worth the 2x price over Asics or Brooks? 🤔
I have a couple pairs of Brooks and a pair of Asics rn. The former are on the softer side for roads and the other is harder for trails, but the Asics are way too springy and “gelly” I don’t like them at all. I thought I had a really soft and cushioned pair of shoes in my adrenaline GTS 20s until I tried on my Hoka Arahi 5s and it felt like I was running in bricks before by comparison. Only a 5 mm drop which is perfect for me and my physiology as well so it’s the perfect shoe basically. Still want to try a couple of the other newer brands as well but I’m stocking up on a few pairs of these, I think you can get them for under $160 now

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
I assume mentioned already but whats everyone using for hydration? Getting hot here and my small one ain't going to cut it. I have a backpack bladder which would be nice to use without the backpack.

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
I assume mentioned already but whats everyone using for hydration? Getting hot here and my small one ain't going to cut it. I have a backpack bladder which would be nice to use without the backpack.
I have a 20oz handheld I can use for 60-90 min runs. Longer than that, if it’s really hot, I’ll either do loops and have a refill bottle waiting for me, I’ll stash a bottle somewhere on my route, or I’ll plan a route that has a water stop somewhere.

• Love
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
I have a 20oz handheld I can use for 60-90 min runs. Longer than that, if it’s really hot, I’ll either do loops and have a refill bottle waiting for me, I’ll stash a bottle somewhere on my route, or I’ll plan a route that has a water stop somewhere.

Would prefer like a waist style holder but they're all bottle type. Ultimately, one that can hold the bladder. Wonder why thats not common.

nadroj

OT Supporter
Sep 2, 2004
Houston
i have a flip belt and know y u can buy water bottles for them. there are also fanny pack style belts with bottles

mollywhop

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
us-toy-tmp-images-catalog-products-h-2-h27133_800x.jpg

Reactions: saabguy

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
I did 12 miles in the pouring rain and wind yesterday, going up and over that bridge 6x. Felt great. Then on my way back to my car, there’s a little ditch I had to go over and it had turned into a big puddle. So I jumped over it, my foot slipped when it came down and I fell on my ass and bent my left leg (with my already bad knee) under me :rofl::wtc:

mollywhop

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I did 12 miles in the pouring rain and wind yesterday, going up and over that bridge 6x. Felt great. Then on my way back to my car, there’s a little ditch I had to go over and it had turned into a big puddle. So I jumped over it, my foot slipped when it came down and I fell on my ass and bent my left leg (with my already bad knee) under me :rofl::wtc:
you should take up knitting

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Ran the bridge again this morning. It was hot and muggy as fuck, my legs were zapped.

about half way through the run I had to hop off the side of the bridge and take a shit. First time I’ve dumped in the middle of a run. Should have made sure to shit before I left home. It looked like a bear just dropped a pile. Holy hell.

nadroj

OT Supporter
Sep 2, 2004
Houston
anyone have any good recs for a strap or something i can use on a camelback podium bottle? have lots of those bottles for bikes and dont want to spend another 20 or 30 bucks on a running water bottle

saabguy

OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
anyone have any good recs for a strap or something i can use on a camelback podium bottle? have lots of those bottles for bikes and dont want to spend another 20 or 30 bucks on a running water bottle
I can’t stand carrying stuff. But the Nathan handheld bottles have worked well for me. I know what bottles you’re talking about. I just think even with a strap, it would be awkward to hold and carry.

• Love
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

nadroj

OT Supporter
Sep 2, 2004
Houston
It’s so humid here. It wasn’t even “hot” this morning, but the air is so thick. I ran for 55min and lost 3lbs. And no, I didn’t stop to take a 3lb dump in the middle of running.
If I can’t get out of the house before 9, it is absolutely awful. But didn’t we just get a “cool front”?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74