CREW Running CREW v9

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Race day tomorrow morning. There are some downhill sections that look about like you’re getting shoved down a flight of stairs. I have no idea what to expect.

For anyone interested I’m #412 on the Ironman tracker app ☮️

good luck….if we don’t hear from you we will assume you’re lying in a ditch somewhere

Reactions: saabguy

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
First (mostly) pain free run in weeks if not months today. Already Out of shape apparently as I’m Pegging like 175 bpm running a 9 minute 5k :rofl: but that’s okay glad to be back at it

• Haha
Reactions: Nom

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Just assumed watch bpm was not that accurate but did catch a bpm spike my last run, considering still getting over a sinus cold and was severely fatigued/pain where last few times I haven't.

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Hey bros I have to admit Im taking a break from running and have been lifting + using a stairmaster for cardio.

Ive been enjoying using the stairmaster because I can keep an elevated heart rate, sweat my ass off, and recover easy peasy. I still get my runners high and don’t have any achey knees, Achilles, calves, etc.

I feel better doing this type of cardio :hs:

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Signed up for Golden Gate Half in November, so I've started upping my distances a bit.

Mostly concerned about finding parking though. :hmm:
Race is early on a Sunday morning, so public transit won't be running. Going to have to actually drive into SF and try to find parking before a 7am start. :wtc:

Hoping for <2hr time == ~9min/mile pace.

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Signed up for Golden Gate Half in November, so I've started upping my distances a bit.

Race is early on a Sunday morning, so public transit won't be running. Going to have to actually drive into SF and try to find parking before a 7am start. :wtc:

where does the race start? i mean where do you have to park?

If you’re running on Embarcadero you’ll pass my place:

• Love
Reactions: waldo98 and Wolf

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Starts at Ghirardelli Square (Aquatic Park), then over the bridge and back.

No idea where to park or what streets will be closed that day.

there’s a parking lot that’s not metered here:
Parking, Van Ness Ave

Its usually not full and definitely wouldn’t be early in the morning but I dunno if it will be full because of the race. Otherwise there’s plenty of metered parking around Ghirardelli square.

Reactions: Wolf

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1

When in November? Like, in 4ish weeks? Or 8ish? Good luck!

Ffej207

University of South Florida... in West Central Flo
Dec 29, 2000
Charleston, SC
had achilles tendinitis in my left ankle long enough that I managed to change my gait and jack up my right knee.. hold me bros

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
had achilles tendinitis in my left ankle long enough that I managed to change my gait and jack up my right knee.. hold me bros
keep those calves stretched out and think about doing some heel lifts pre-workout to get the achilles engaged - are you wearing no drop shoes by chance?

Ffej207

University of South Florida... in West Central Flo
Dec 29, 2000
Charleston, SC
keep those calves stretched out and think about doing some heel lifts pre-workout to get the achilles engaged - are you wearing no drop shoes by chance?
yep.. was doing all that. Switched away from zero drops to Brooks Ghosts in March or April and even took a couple weeks off twice and nothing really changed.

I started running after a long layoff in 2010, in Vibrams, so I've been in minimalist shoes since then. This is the first year I've had any issues. :hsd:

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
yep.. was doing all that. Switched away from zero drops to Brooks Ghosts in March or April and even took a couple weeks off twice and nothing really changed.

I started running after a long layoff in 2010, in Vibrams, so I've been in minimalist shoes since then. This is the first year I've had any issues. :hsd:
My achilles tendinitis lasted 3-4 mos but I stretched & trained around it. I'm in zero drop Altras now, stretch less and feel better. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74