CREW Running CREW v9

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Does anyone have a go to running forum thats good for looking up injuries? Looks like my running future is in question. Just too much injuries with so little running despite doing this for 10 years.

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
what kind of injuries?

letsrun.com is I think one of the larger forums
Think I know atleast part of the problem. My calves are fairly big and difficult to stretch out but my foot/achilles is pretty weak and I think when I do the standard calf stretch it pulls right where the achilles connects to the heal and then I can't even put pressure on it for about 3 days, and then rehab it for 3 weeks. Happened 3 times now

No injury sub forum on that site.

Last edited:
Reactions: saabguy

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Have you gone to see a physical therapist? I would start there…they may be able to give you an idea what’s going on and how to fix it. There may be other factors leading you to run in a certain way that’s putting pressure on your Achilles.

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Have you gone to see a physical therapist? I would start there…they may be able to give you an idea what’s going on and how to fix it. There may be other factors leading you to run in a certain way that’s putting pressure on your Achilles.
True. Will be my next step. Cant afford therapist right now and was hoping to see if others have the same. Does sound common noticed on another board

MMJ4mil

Nov 19, 2007
USA
You used to run a lot and were pretty fast, weren't you? Or am I mis-remembering?
Yes I ran a lot maybe 50-70 mpw

I want to get back into it for sure as I started to focus on weight training but having all this extra size is not worth it.

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Race day bitches. Bay to Breakers 12k.

T-03:30:00 to start

:wiggle:

FS-MAP-BAY-TO-BREAKERS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74