Running is hard. Talk to me about Running.

DeezNortz

THE MEATLOAF! WE WANT IT NOW!!!
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
I copped a free treadmill recently and i'm getting on it twice a week. not including a quarter mile warm up and cool down last week i ran 1.5 miles...then sunday 2.2 miles. this morning 3 miles.

i literally sweat for an hour after im' done and everything hurts. but the feeling of accomplishment when finished is pretty neato.

who runs? how far? how fast? how do? sup?

kill me now.

Reactions: mylegacy412

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
For no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow county. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
running sucks ass but I do 4-6 miles every single day no matter how shitty I feel or how bad the weather is. it's boring and I hate it but I love the feeling I get as I'm just finishing up and about to walk back through the door, that sense of accomplishment is better than any other exercise I do including cycling, weightlifting, etc.

did I mention running sucks ass and I fuckin hate it

H.E. Pennypacker

What is bet?
OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2003
Denver
i tried to get into running early in 2020 pre-covid. shit sucked.

now COVID hit and i've decided to buy a stationary bike 10 months later :o

Tenny

OT Supporter
Oct 4, 2005
Houston
About six years ago while browsing facebook @Scottwax posted that he rode some huge amount of miles that year. I felt like I needed to try to set a goal and what not. So that year I set a goal of running 1000 miles.

I ended up running 1,051 miles that year. The goal was 5km (3.1miles) per day every day. Sadly I started that year off in Colorado on vacation so I was at about a week deficit to begin with. Anyways I found about 3 miles to be the sweet spot to run. I was doing it about 21 minutes on treadmills and 22-23 on flat ground, and about 24-25 typically at my home run (which had about 800ft of incline).

At this point I never run unless I am on travel or something. At home I use a Rogue Echo Air Bike (Assault Bike). I do 500 calories (about 40-50 min) every morning.

Reactions: Scottwax

Snake Pliskin

OT Supporter
May 8, 2013
California
I do 1.6 miles three times a week as part of an exercise routine. I start off walking then do many short sprints. I was surprised how much soreness I had after including the sprints. It's much different than walking or jogging. I'm still skinny fat.

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
I enjoy the introspection I get from an hour of me time

But it's better on a bike lol
I appreciate being able to unplug for however long and just focus on running.

biking is different for me because there’s shit in the road, traffic, possible flat tires, if you hear the slightest sound then you wonder what fucked up part is breaking and needs to be replaced, etc.

I also like when you have a target for intervals, etc., and you think “no fucking way am i going to be able to do this”, and then 75% of the way through, you realize “holy shit I’m gonna do it.” That’s a great rush.

phatguy88

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
boston
I appreciate being able to unplug for however long and just focus on running.

biking is different for me because there’s shit in the road, traffic, possible flat tires, if you hear the slightest sound then you wonder what fucked up part is breaking and needs to be replaced, etc.

I also like when you have a target for intervals, etc., and you think “no fucking way am i going to be able to do this”, and then 75% of the way through, you realize “holy shit I’m gonna do it.” That’s a great rush.
like your bones?

I kid. but not really

Reactions: GonadWarrior

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan